1 (edited by labanodl 2024-01-04 09:52:49)

Topic: Can't import Workspace/Snapshot with new UFX3

Hi guys

I bought UFX3(before using old UFX+) but couldn't import Workspace&Snapshot file..!

A message pop, it says 'different device bla bla'...

I didn't know can't use UFX+ ws/ss files with UFX3!!

What should I do??

There's so many I/Os and personal settings on my ws/ss file...(commercial studio / fixed setting)

if I set up start to finish again,, It takes sooo much time and energy..

Can't use ws/ss file with other device??

Re: Can't import Workspace/Snapshot with new UFX3

AFAIR I could import my workspace from UFX+ to UFX III without issues.
By using TM FX -> Load Workspace (Ctrl-W).
As this is the same type and number of I/O ports.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

oh my mistake!

NOT UFX+ to UFX3, UFX(old design) to UFX3!

maybe different I/Os(MADI) cause problems..

4 (edited by ramses 2024-01-05 06:24:55)

labanodl wrote:

oh my mistake!

NOT UFX+ to UFX3, UFX(old design) to UFX3!

maybe different I/Os(MADI) cause problems.

Not maybe, this IS the reason wink UFX is a 30 channel, UFX III is a 94 channel interface.

The only possibility that I see is to ask RME support, whether they have a tool to merge UFX and UFX III config.
No easy task, the UFX III config is ~1.3 MB large, containing > 16000 lines.

But you could also see it as a chance to optimize the TM FX config.
I did this as well 2y ago with exciting results. Everything got more structure.

I deleted e.g. all routing and implemented only the needed ones, additionally I deleted not needed channels in the channel layout. This gave me much more overview in matrix view. After that also matrix view became more useable for me to compare / troubleshoot routings / snapshots.

See these two postings:

1. This describes the process to get again factory settings by completely erasing the last setting file
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 61#p192161

2. Next, the implementation of two external FX unit as an example for integrating FX into Cubase, make them useable for different use cases and using the more cleaned-up matrix view to check the Lexicon PCM related routings.
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 00#p192400

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

5 (edited by hselters 2024-01-05 12:55:57)

I successfully managed to import a UFX+ workspace into a UFX II once, by changing the name and serial number in some text file where total mix saves its workspace (I think somewhere in the library under application support on macOS).
I didn’t make use of the ufx+ madi channels in that config as I used it in usb 2.0 mode, so the channels matched up fine.
Maybe something similar can be worked in your situation.

With USB2 it is a 30ch interface, that might work.