Topic: Sub level on two separate snapshots

Hello,  I'm fairly new to Totalmix,  i've been watching the training videos and searching but haven't been able to resolve my issue.  I'm almost certain it'll be an easy fix but i'm just not seeing it. 

Currently I have a UCX, with Mains, Bspeakers, and a subwoofer as my outputs.  I setup my sub on a mono output (5) and am able to create a fader group with my mains/b speakers and all is fine. 

But I would also like to have a separate snapshot setup with the level raised on the sub for general listening and for checking on high bass systems. 

It seems like I should be able to duplicate my snapshot,  unlink the Fader group, raise the sub level on the output fader, and then relink the group.   I can do that but when i go back to my original snapshot it is still set at the higher level.  It seems the group is a global thing and not changeable within the snapshots?

I even tried to make a separate workspace for each and the fader is still the same with both workspaces? 

What am I missing?

Re: Sub level on two separate snapshots

Dcarnesmusic wrote:

Currently I have a UCX, with Mains, Bspeakers, and a subwoofer as my outputs.  I setup my sub on a mono output (5) and am able to create a fader group with my mains/b speakers and all is fine.

How did you create this fader group ?
By shift-cklick onto those faders ?
This is creating a temporary fadergroup, these are not stored in snapshots, you have to create a real fadergroup and store this one with different fader positions in two snapshots.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:
Dcarnesmusic wrote:

How did you create this fader group ?
By shift-cklick onto those faders ?
This is creating a temporary fadergroup, these are not stored in snapshots, you have to create a real fadergroup and store this one with different fader positions in two snapshots.

I used the group function on the right hand side, and clicked the 1 under fader, edit then added the master, speaker and sub faders.  Then click edit after turning them on.  Should I be doing it a different way?

No, this should work, I tested with Digiface USB and have as expected two snapshots with a group, different output volumen, no problem.
May you try a Total Reset and do again ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Hmmm, yea I'll reset and try again when I get home.  Thank you for testing it out.

Check the options in Preferences 'Do not load'.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Check the options in Preferences 'Do not load'.

Thank you, this was indeed the issue. Set to not load any and its working properly now.  Appreciate the help.