Topic: [Solved] Firmware Flash not updating

New install of Fireface 802 to a MBP M1 on Ventura. Downloaded the firmware flash update and it recognizes the interface but when I click update nothing happens. I’ve followed the manual, all Ventura related security updates on the RME site, and checked the forums here for solutions first — apologies in advance if I’ve overlooked anything. I greatly appreciate any assistance.

2 (edited by waedi 2023-04-16 21:36:30)

Re: [Solved] Firmware Flash not updating

May be you need to install a working driver first to get the FUT running ?
Did you install a driver ? Wich one ?
Is the settings dialog and Totalmix working ?
And the unit shall not be in CC-mode.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

Thank you! The instructions said that the driver wouldn’t work until the firmware is updated, so I didn’t even think to try this obvious solution. It totally worked — thanks for taking the time to respond.

hey I am having the same problem but I have already installed the driver, any other solution? my totalmixfix is downloaded and running but doesn't have a window open

jarrettosborn wrote:
waedi wrote:

Thank you! The instructions said that the driver wouldn’t work until the firmware is updated, so I didn’t even think to try this obvious solution. It totally worked — thanks for taking the time to respond.

To avoid misunderstandings:
The 'driverkit' series USB driver v4.0x does not work with some interface models on particular (older) firmware versions. That for an installation of the kernel extension USB driver v3.28 is needed first to make work the firmware update (fut).
In short:
1: install kext driver
2: update firmware
3: install dk driver (if you want)

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

oli77sch wrote:
jarrettosborn wrote:
waedi wrote:

To avoid misunderstandings:
The 'driverkit' series USB driver v4.0x does not work with some interface models on particular (older) firmware versions. That for an installation of the kernel extension USB driver v3.28 is needed first to make work the firmware update (fut).
In short:
1: install kext driver
2: update firmware
3: install dk driver (if you want)

Hello, Im using old Babyface all my life and today suddenly my Silicone Mac doesn't recognize Babyface. I installed a new driver's tried many different things but doesn't work. The flash tool won't update. Im not familiar with your instructions, what is kext driver can you please explain me how to do that? Thank you