Topic: Babyface Pro FS won't connect MacOS 12.5

I am trying to connect my Babyface Pro FS to my Macbook Pro. It has an M1 Max on MacOS 12.5

I've installed the latest drivers (Version 3.28) and when I open Fireface USB Settings, it shows the correct driver version. However, when I try to open Totalmix, it shows up in the dock and in the menu bar as if it is open, but I don't see anything on screen.

When I go to my Sound settings in System Preferences, the interface also doesn't appear as a device despite being plugged in.

I have tried restarting and reinstalling the drivers multiple times, I've followed the directions about allowing it in security settings. I've restarted the computer multiple times. I'm not sure what else to do at this point so any advice would be really appreciated.

Re: Babyface Pro FS won't connect MacOS 12.5

Sure the Babyface is not in CC-mode ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by diatonicnerds 2022-12-11 23:06:23)

Just checked and that wasn't it unfortunately.

But weirdly, it shows up as a device in system preferences in CC mode, total mix still doesn't show up though. Also worth noting that when it does show up as a device in CC mode, it doesn't actually seem to work though. It just connects and then doesn't actually seem to get any signal.

And the firmware is also up to date ?

https://rme-audio.de/downloads/fut_usb_mac.zip

The USB cable seems to work fine as it shows up when in CC-mode.

The Fireface USB settings window comes up normal and is working ?

The firmware is not up to date, it's v200.

But when I try to update it, I checked the readme that says "If so, then simply press the 'Update' button. A progress bar will indicate when the flash process is finished."

But when I press it, nothing happens. It just continues to say "Programming Status: Not Updated"

May you find another computer for this job ?
Any computer should be able to do this.

Also try it often, suddenly it runs.

So I just tried on a different computer and it's the same issue. I hit the "Update" button and the text kind of flickers for a second but nothing happens.

The FUT won't work in CC mode. TM FX won't work in CC mode.

Use the other computer with drivers to update the firmware.

The original issue might still be there - your computer refuses to load the drivers. Did you follow the steps explained in the readme, section Installation, and the website to reduce security in Recovery mode?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Okay, so I was able to try a third computer, and on that one I was able to run the updater, and now it connects correctly. Thank you for the help.

Hi, I have been using old Babyface for 10 years. I didn't have any problems with the interface and suddenly my M1 MBP Monterey 12.6 dont see the Rme interface. Then I tried with new drivers but nothing, flash tool doesn't want to update. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?