Topic: Babyface Pro not showing on MacOS Monterey

Hello everybody smile

My babyface pro stopped working today. I'm on MacOS Monterey 12.0, M1 Max Macbook Pro. It did work with this machine before, so I'm not sure, what changed.

My macbook wont recognize the babyface, no matter what i do. But funny thing is the RME flash update software did. So i updated from 130 to 198. All the while neither MacOS nor Totalmix could find the interface.

When I put the Babyface in Class Compliant mode i can use the ouputs as expected. Back to PC Mode it has vanished again.
Then i updated MacOS to Monterey 12.1, but that didn't change anything. Drivers/Totalmix are 3.27

Is it just because I'm on of those people updating software too soon or is there some easier solution?

Re: Babyface Pro not showing on MacOS Monterey

May you also check if mic is allowed in the system preferences / Security / Privacy /... ?
https://ibb.co/Y3Q16Lz

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

thanks waedi for the replay. It wasn't that.

But I fixed it by booting into the system security preferences once more, restart, allow RME driver in security preferences, restart again, e voila! Now everything works as expected.

Seems after reinstalling the drivers, mac wanted me to do the whole system security limbo again.

Hi, I have been using old Babyface for 10 years. I didn't have any problems with the interface and suddenly my M1 MBP Monterey 12.6 dont see the Rme interface. Then I tried with new drivers but nothing, flash tool doesn't want to update. Does anyone have the solution for this problem?