1 (edited by animix 2008-09-19 18:40:11)

Topic: Is it possible to load the MADI audio driver without the midi driver?

Hardware profile is in my sig line. I'm only using the midi I/O on the AES 32 and the Multiface. I would like to permanently eliminate the three midi drivers for the MADI card from my system to make room for other devices as I am hitting the 10 device wall in Win XP.

Is it possible to somehow do this without eliminating the audio I/O capabilities of the MADI?

HDSPe MADI-FX, M-32 AD, M-32 DA, ADI-8 QS, ADI 192 DD, ADI 648, Mytek Stereo 96 AD/DA

Re: Is it possible to load the MADI audio driver without the midi driver?

Well.........I thought so.

fryingpan

HDSPe MADI-FX, M-32 AD, M-32 DA, ADI-8 QS, ADI 192 DD, ADI 648, Mytek Stereo 96 AD/DA

Hi animix,

dredging up the past I know but did you ever get to the bottom of this? I am having the same problem at the moment as the MADI card I use appears to disallow the MIDI from my MIDI card to work.

Sorry I did not catch this 12 years ago. For some unknown reason, the RME Forum thought I was a bot and I could not log in under my user name (Animix) and password so I had to create another username. For the record, I do not remember whether I resolved it.

MADI FX M-32ADDA M-16DA ADI-8QSM x 2 ADI 648 ADI-8 192 ADI-8 DD x 2 ADI-8 DS x 4 Babyface Pro ADI 2