Topic: Dual MADI FX PCIe operation

Has anyone running two MADI FX PCIe interfaces in one system?
Does it allow you to use both interfaces with the same ASIO driver?

Tried to read up in the manual but it's not clear about that.

TIA

2 (edited by waedi 2023-12-09 01:04:28)

Re: Dual MADI FX PCIe operation

Found this in another place in the internet, it seems to cover the topic :

This app will be of great interest for a lot of folks desperately trying to use multiple audio interfaces at the same time in order to increase input and output channel count. Finally, there seems to be a reliable audio interface aggregation app for Windows, the VB-Audio Matrix Coconut:

https://vb-audio.com/Matrix/coconut.htm

It's donationware and I just purchased a license for it after successfully testing it for 30 days. Pro licenses start at $35 + VAT, private user license is $10. I experienced no audio glitches whatsoever at 128 samples buffer size. It replaced my Dante PCIe card as Reaper's audio device, finally making ALL audio sources in my studio available in Reaper simultaneously!

This Matrix can take control over various physical audio interfaces that are connected to the computer via PCIe, USB, etc. as well as Windows WDM adnd MME audio devices, plus VBAN audio networking devices connected via its own open-sounce VBAN audio networking protocoll. It can even aggregate and route stand-alone, non-wordclocked USB keyboards since it offers on-the-fly sample rate conversion for every device! This app is pretty impressive and even though I've already been enjoying great routing flexibility thanks to my extensive Dante network, this app opens up stunning new possibilities. It's the perfect companion for Dante.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Interesting find. Thank you.
That would be an alternative. Since it's using CPU it may cause issues when doing big projects.
I'd still prefer a hardware solution offered by RME if possible.

Yes, all 780 channels should be addressable in a single application as both interfaces share the same driver.

MADI FX, Fireface UFX+, ADI-648, HDSPe RayDAT, ADI-192 DD

Good to know, thanks.