Topic: Import Templates to new Room EQ from Sonorworks or REW

How are you setting these EQs?
I am currently using Sonorworks 3 in my DAW. Of course that has a pretty extensive set up procedure making sure things are also phase aligned (for the most part).
I am interested in the lower latency solution with Room EQ.

1-Run Pink and eq to flat from my listening position utilizing something like SMAART or REW or even Digitech to monitor while I am tweaking eq?
2- Copying the curve from a picture in Sonorworks ? (seems like a pretty bad idea for mixing)
3- Import a file into totalmix?
4- Run this in REW so I will at least have a text file I can read?

I'm ok staying with my current profile in sonorworks as all my mixes are accepted by clients and I am very happy with the results. Currently its on the control room inserts of Cubase Pro so it does not print but recording obviously introduces latency.

If I can get the same results shooting the room for the new ROOM EQ then at least during recording midi parts I would not need to go into delay compensation and would have a more accurate representation.

I will try all of the above and think shooting the room as I would for a live system is probably going to give me some good results.

If anyone has already figured out a work around or can tell me shooting the room while EQ to Pink is a bad idea I would love some input

Thank You

Re: Import Templates to new Room EQ from Sonorworks or REW

I, too would love to know what can be utilized.
I have almost exactly the same situation as you...Sonarworks SoundID with Logic.
The thought of not having to use Sonarworks and just have Room EQ set-up tuned to my space, is exactly what I'd love to have.

I am also using SoundID. I did a new measurement with REW and used the EQ from REW to use in RME Room EQ. But... no luck, SoundID was better, so a direct import or some translation tool would be very nice.

Yea I think the fact its only 9 available bands (12 if I stack another 3 band on there) would make it not as accurate as dedicated  room correction software, at least in a mix environment. I guess it would come in handy when I go into record mode though.
When you used the eq settings from REW did you smooth the curve  at all?
I will run it today and get settings for my 2 main sets of speakers and just adjust to pink on the fly insteadof trying to import by numbers.. PEQs were always more usefull to me than a graphic EQ anyway so I should be able to get close.
I turn off sonorworks if I need to track just because my mix setting induces so much latency but if I can get close with RME that will be great! Especially rally when I decide I want to add a new part 1/2 way thru the mix.
Either way it's a great feature

Did anyone experiment with the export functions of Sonarworks Sound ID?
Unfortunately, there is no dedicated one for RME, yet(?:), but ADAM, DAD, Audient etc.
Some of these available exports might work with some adaptations in Total Mix, as the EQ settings are displayed in a text file, I think.