Topic: Adding network control to ADI-2 series DACs

First of all, I would like to thank RME for such an amazing device. It's not just a great piece of audio equipment but an engineering marvel. With some of the best documentation I've seen.

Thought I'd share this hoping it could be useful to somebody. Appreciate feedback too!
RMEdiy  - A network RMEote Control for ADI-2 Devices
A basic Terminal UI that emulates the ADI-2 remote application while adding network control.

https://github.com/n00bmax/RMEdiy/blob/main/static/example.png?raw=true

Initially started this so I could add the DAC as part of my automations and Home Assistant.
I thought I was super smart when I used Wireshark to sniff the USB packets and figure some MIDI commands. Turns out, my googling skills have become subpar and there's a spreadsheet documenting everything neutral

Right now you can do quite a few things with the app except EQ and Presets.

I've only tested this with my ADI-2 Pro FSR BE. There are a ton of device specific settings that I've not accounted for but most are the same for all.
Works on my Windows PC, should work on OSX too. Interestingly, it works on Linux too as long as it has access to the MIDI port but it kinda breaks things. I couldn't reliably isolate the MIDI device from the USB device on WSL. Also amd64 only for now, cross compiling with CGO is a pain.

The EQ curve is kinda broken for negative values. The math got overwhelming after a point. There might've been an easier way than bitmasks but I couldn't find anything good for golang.

There's a meter color sync option to sync the meter color to the desktop background. And now that it's over the network, we can can also have it sync to external sources.
SignalRGB is what I use to "control" my PC's RGB and so I thought it would be cool to sync to it. Obviously the custom component doesn't exist, so I created that too. Will be updating that soon

The API aka RMEdiator for now exposes all the settings mapped to the indices in the docs. There's a separate "/metercolor" endpoint that the SignalRGB integration uses. Looking for ideas on what to do next.

An example POST Request to toggle Phones
https://github.com/n00bmax/RMEdiy/blob/main/static/examplePOST.png?raw=true

Creating a Home Assistant Custom component would be a good next step but I'm dreading python tongue

Would be great if someone tries the app with their devices to see if it works. Please download from the releases page

Once again, thank you!