Topic: .adieqpr EQ request for reverse RIAA curve

Hi everyone!
I am starting to get into 78s and of course the first problem i encounter is RIAA equalization. Would it be possible to know if one of you lot has a reverse RIAA curve PEQ preset I could use please? Thanks a lot! They are 1940s records. I'll get down to the business of finding the right EQ curve for each and every one of them later.

All the best

2 (edited by KaiS 2024-02-01 20:58:05)

Re: .adieqpr EQ request for reverse RIAA curve

An EQ preset to reverse ADI-2/4 Pro SE’s RIAA EQ – you’re lucky, by chance I just did one for measurement purpose smile

The inverse RIAA EQ preset needs to be loaded into Output 1/2 or 3/4, and Loopback post FX to 1/2 (or 3/4) needs to be active for recording ADI-2/4 Pro SE’s vinyl input WITHOUT RIAA EQ.

The preset will NOT work in the Analog Input, as it uses the Bass/Treble EQ bands that are not available there.

The inverse RIAA EQ preset linearizes ADI-2/4 Pro SE’s vinyl input for a frequency response 20 Hz – 20 kHz +/- 0.1 dB.

https://cdn.head-fi.org/a/12282460.jpeg?_gl=1*1855fhu*_ga*MzcxMDU1MDUzLjE2NDgxMDEwNDM.*_ga_2V1TD71NX3*MTcwNjc5ODIwNi4zNi4xLjE3MDY3OTkxOTMuMC4wLjA.

@MC:
For stuff like that I always miss a possibility to switch the cut- and shelf-filters to 6 dB / Octave.

A solution for the GUI would be:
Turning the Q-parameter lower than 0.5 it could just switch to “0” or “off”, as 6 dB / Oct. filters don’t have an adjustable Q-factor.

Re: .adieqpr EQ request for reverse RIAA curve

Thanks a lot, what fantastic help! I forgot to mention I do not have the ADI-2/4 Pro, only the latest ADI-2 Pro.
However as you might have gathered I'll be using my phono pre before the Analog Input. At least I'll have a flat frequency response to start with before applying whatever unique EQ these records need.

Thanks again!