1 (edited by daxliniere 2009-01-20 03:47:25)

Topic: Installation bug

I'd like to report a bug I found with the DigiCheck 4.53 & 5.0 installers.

Duing the install process, if you change the target directory from the default (example: 'C:\Program Files\RME\Digicheck5' to 'C:\Program Files\AUDIO\RME Digicheck5'), the program will fail to run.

digicheck.exe shows up in Task Manager's process list, but no window is visible and it's not hiding in the system tray.

This is without having a previous version installed. (Hence 'current_user\rme\digichecck' registry entry non-existant)

Regards,
Dax.

Loyal RME user since 2001
[AMD 5800X, 32Gb RAM, Win10x64, NVidia GTX1080ti, UCX+UFX, REAPER x64]

Re: Installation bug

hmmm.. stranger still...
I spoke too soon.

After having no luck installing Digichcek 4.53 or 5.0 to a folder of my choice, I decided to uninstall and re-install to the default folder, as mentioned in my previous post.

After doing this, the first time I ran DigiCheck, I received the standard config page for defining the record function's temp folder.
I configured this and digicheck appeared in my system tray. I thought "Great!" and posted my last post. However, when I tried up restore it from the systray, I just received an error message.

Figuring it was because I'd just rolled my drivers back from 2.94 to 2.88 without a restart, I didn't worry and just restarted my PC.
When it rebooted, I found the same problem; neither 4.53 nor 5.0 will run, despite being a visible process in TaskMan. (It's NOT visible under 'Applications' in TaskMan)

I am out of ideas on how to fix it, but I really need to get it running.

Hi! I always install Digicheck in a custom directory (as all programs that let me choose), mostly on a dedicated drive... never ever had any problems with that...!

DC rules!

Yeah, I also never had problems with installung into a custom folder.

daxliniere wrote:

After doing this, the first time I ran DigiCheck, I received the standard config page for defining the record function's temp folder.
I configured this and digicheck appeared in my system tray. I thought "Great!" and posted my last post. However, when I tried up restore it from the systray, I just received an error message.

This reminds me of the early days of Digicheck 5 Beta.
Have you really downloaded the last valid version??

regards
Zapp

Regards
Zapp

yeah man, latest from the RME front page, downloaded yesterday. sad