Topic: fader problem which

Total mix fader problem which moves by itself for no reason I have the fire face 800 with cubase 12 in the middle of a recording session how to avoid this bug? when I change buffering the faders used on the total mix go to 0 each time I change buffering.and sometimes even without any manipulation I noticed that when I open Cubase 12 the problem acts more often.since I have deactivate the HDMI audio option on my graphics card everything seems to work again but for how long? please help me because there is a problem with changing the position of the fader which moves on its own and is very annoying. thank you in advance for your help

Re: fader problem which

I use Google translate to communicate because I am French, thank you for your understanding

I also specify when I reactivate the HDMI audio of my nvdia card nothing happens so the problem may not come from there is it a simple bug?

I have been using the Fire Face 800 for 10 years and I have never encountered this problem. I have had Cubase 12 for 4 months and the problem appeared a week ago

I also specify that I have been using Windows 10 for years with the latest drivers available on the RME site, sorry for all the answers but the problem is tiring me mentally

6 (edited by waedi 2024-02-12 09:54:56)

In Totalmix menu Options
Enable Midi control , disable it
Enable OSC control, disable it

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

thank you but these options are already deactivated

No one will be able to tell me where it could come from?

Did you play around with ASIO-Guard-options in Cubase ?

generally I work without the asio guard but I sometimes activate it but often deactivate it because it causes unwanted blocking

When all ASIO-Guard in Cubase is deactivated, the issue persists ?

Is there any Loopback enabled in Totalmix ? Any feedback going on causing Totalmix pull down faders for safety reason ?

there is no loop at the moment the problem is no longer there but at any time it could come back if the problem returns I will see if the asio guard has something to do with it

there is no return, no error message

maybe it was just a bug but it lasted 24 hours

Fingers crossed
for the issue never comes back !

If you don't use ASIO Direct Monitoring, and talk about a fader in TotalMix FX moving on its own, then go to TM FX Options, Preferences, Device Handling, Disable ASIO Direct Monitoring.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME