Topic: Firmware Problem Fireface 400 using Mac

Hello,

I hope to post my request on the right place.
Since yesterday I have had a problem with my Fireface 400 interface.
Indeed, it no longer works following the installation of a flash update. The following message appears: "This driver requires firmware 1.70 or newer. Please download the latest Flash Update Tool". The diodes on the facades are abnormally lit and in the totalmix the level of the inputs 1 to 8 are present, however no source is connected.
In the fireface window it is displayed at the top right, above the preamp 1 setting:
Version 3.36
Unit #FFFFFFFFv.1.49
kernel driver 3.36

My setup is:
Mac OS Catalina version 10.15.7 (mac mini late 2012).
My fireface setting: V.3.36.
Totalmix: V1.60

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thank you in advance,
Best regards

Maxime

Re: Firmware Problem Fireface 400 using Mac

Did you really downgrade the firmware to v 1.49? Or did you just install a newer driver and now need to update the firmware?

What systems / computers other than Catalina do you have?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello Mr Cartens,

I have tried today with a MacBook Pro 2.9 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, with macOS version Monterey V12.1.

It seems that somehow I have downgraded the firmware as it is showing the in the Fireface Settings "Version 3.39.1 Unit #FFFFFF V1.49"

When trying to install the "Fireface Flash Update 171 277" I am getting the following error message:
"“Fireface Flash” needs to be updated.The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information."

Best regards,
Maxime

That didn't answer my question completely. You need to find an old computer (Windows might be easier) to be able to update the firmware. There is no updater for latest Mac OS and latest drivers, because the last firmware for FF400 was released already in 2012 (the nearly identical 170 already in 2009). And I bet you had that firmware on the unit.

So you need to find a computer with an older Mac OS, install an old driver from our archive, then can use that old firmware updater to get v171. Unless then you can no longer use the FF400 with current systems as the data transmission scheme changed 2009.

If you can't do that contact your local distributor, they might be able to help.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello,

I've manage to upload the flash up date tool.
Révision 1.49 it erasing and programming but at the end the status IS : Failed with error D0000000

Best regards

Hello,

All is ok now, but when i connect my FF800 to my FF400 by ADAT,( FF400 as master, FF800 in autosync. mode, all with 44'100khz), FF400 receive only ADAT 1,2,3,4 ?

Best regards,

Maxime

4 of 8 ch indicates double speed to me. Sure that all interfaces run at single speed ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

m.clairet wrote:

Hello,

I've manage to upload the flash up date tool.
Révision 1.49 it erasing and programming but at the end the status IS : Failed with error D0000000

Best regards

How did you fix it?

MacMini M2Pro, Fireface400, Logic Pro X