Topic: UCX II not sending to Multiface

I have a UCX II and a Hammerfall Multiface on the same computer and they work fine together. I use it for multi channel output and I have six channels on the UCX II analog outputs and two (sub) channels out on spdif and into the Multiface and out on two of the Multiface analog outputs. This worked fine with my convolver platform that had a matrix to set the outputs and I could see everything working in Totalmix.

When I go straight to analog inputs on the UCX II without the convolver my 6 channels on the UCX II are fine and I can see the bar in the spdif output moving for the UCX II but nothing is transmitted to the multiface - I am thinking this may be do to the analog in instead of playback in - or I have it set up wrong.

I have screenshots but couldn't figure out how to upload.

2 (edited by ramses 2024-02-17 15:37:29)

Re: UCX II not sending to Multiface

tbrooke wrote:

I have screenshots but couldn't figure out how to upload.

The usual thing. Place to cloud, link URL to here (using the img tags). Longer explanation, see my blog:
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/Ent … rum-EN-DE/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

https://i.postimg.cc/W4jzZzfc/Screenshot-matrix.png

https://i.postimg.cc/YjcyS528/Screenshot-2024-02-17-053302.png

4 (edited by ramses 2024-02-17 17:22:48)

I assume you mean the connection between the two interfaces via SPDIF?
If this is the case: both SPDIF ports need to be set to either professional or consumer in the driver settings.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

5 (edited by waedi 2024-02-17 17:04:36)

In the Matrix UCXll the naming is weird.
An Output channel is called Ribbon ? Ribbon speakers ?
An Output is called Sub and also input channels 7/8 are called Sub and on top of that the input Sub is routed to the Output Sub...?
Only -0.8 why not full zero ?
And also SPDIF input goes to Sub, I thought you only use SPDIF to send to the Multiface ?
Do you receive something on the SPDIF input UCXll or have you clicked some fields in the Matrix just for fun to make a nice diagonal line ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

I plan to make a crossover for the 3 way main speakers in the future and it has a ribbon tweeter hence the name ribbon. This setup is to use the UCX II low latency to accept the input from the preamp outputs of my receiver. I use the spdif input for measurement since I can run my test sweep  through the spdif.

I still can not get any out put from the spdif  out of the ucx II to the the multiface.

7 (edited by waedi 2024-02-18 07:45:05)

Ah this is helpful to understand your scenario.
On your screenshots I can't see the SPDIF output, is it renamed into FX-send ?
A screenshot of Totalmix UFX with active SPDIF output would be helpful.
And wich signal you want to send to SPDIF output ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

The 'bar moving' is most probably not the level meter in TM FX SPDIF output, but the one in Windows Sound panel. Sounds like there is no routing Analog In to SPDIF out in TM FX.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME