Topic: Using Totalmix for IEMs live- questions

I think I have this mostly figured out. I have a Metric Halo IEM and recording rig with MADI output. Metric Halo has not yet created an iOS app for monitoring, so I found the MADIFace USB and this seems like it will do what I need perfectly: mix the IEM sends without loss of quality while the performers can easily access their mixes simultaneously without fear of screwing up the other mixes (as opposed to V-Control, which only allows one person to access the mixer at a time, resulting in confusion and much hilarity as they start adjusting each other's mixes.).

So, I've discovered how to save workspaces and that seems to be fine, but what I don't know how to do is to quickly save a workspace as we go through soundcheck and the performance so that the current mixes are saved, including setup and routing, and are easily recalled in the event of a computer issue.

I suppose I could keep overwriting a file with the same name, but I'm wondering if there's an easier way.

Thanks.

Re: Using Totalmix for IEMs live- questions

iOS? Or macOS?

Easiest way on macOS is the hotkey W, Workspace Quick Select.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

iOS? Or macOS?

Easiest way on macOS is the hotkey W, Workspace Quick Select.

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for!

My band is about to have their lives changed.

As a follow up:

Everyone loved the new system! Everyone said things sounded much clearer, although I think that was attributable to some other things.

Once question I have is why the network setting panel lists two IP addresses. One of them seems to work when entered into the iPads but the other doesn't.

2 network adapters? VPN? Etc.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

2 network adapters? VPN? Etc.

No and no.

Could it be that my Wifi router has both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz options?

Thanks for responding.

7 (edited by maggie33 2024-02-20 07:57:17)

Could it be that my Wifi router has both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz options?

No, because your Wifi card on mac usually gets the same IP, regardless if it switches between 2 or 5 GHz.

As MC says: you must have two Network Interfaces active, each on a different Network.

To extend MCs Answer:

You can check this in the Preferences -> Network on mac.

LAN Cable Plugged in to anything?

Or your iPhone (with same apple id) and bluetooth enabled, near to your mac?
(instant Hotspot) - even if you are not connected to.

Or a network connection via bluetooth to sth else established?

There are in theory lots of possibilities for that.

Finally: The ip, which works from the ipads is your (wifi)lan through the router.

“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard

Thanks. I'll turn off my phone's hotspot and see if that helps.