1 (edited by robj232 2024-01-31 02:55:46)

Topic: Is this possible in Totalmix?

Hopefully I can explain this correctly. I run my Axe Fx III through AES. I stay plugged into my RME UCX II input 3 and connect that to the AES. All is well there. Here is my question. I run my tube amps through my Axe Fx III. I come out of the Axe Fx into the input of my amp, out of my amp into a load box and back into my Axe FX. All of that works perfectly fine. Now If I want to reamp with this setup how could I do that? Normally when I reamp, I go out of an output of the UCX into a reamp box, out of the reamp box into the load box, then into a UCX input. Id rather use my Axe Fx setup because I am then able to add noise gate, drive pedals, reverbs and delays, and eq's etc.. So you can see how this would benefit the reamp process. Any help would be appreciated!

2 (edited by ramses 2024-01-31 08:02:14)

Re: Is this possible in Totalmix?

I connect my guitar to the UFX III Inst input and use it to incorporate external FX (Lexicon PCM 81 and 91) at 100% wet for both the guitar and DAW. All controlled by TM FX routing and settings in the DAW to be able to use an external FX like a VST.

Some people split the guitar signal in the modeller, sending a stereo out with FX and a mono out with only the dry guitar signal. This could be interesting for you, too.

For reamping, I send the recorded guitar signal to my tube amps input (more precise: to the pedal in front of it).

For more details, check https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ent … iii-en-de/.

A friend of mine uses a Hotone Ampero II, where he can split the signal to one channel with an emulated amp sound and send the dry, unprocessed guitar tone to the other output.

Explore different options to find what suits you best.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Is this possible in Totalmix?

I was able to figure it out. For the dry track output AES Out. For the processed track AES In. In TotalMix Fx send the AES Output to the AES Software Playback.