1 (edited by jakkookkaj 2024-02-21 00:08:33)

Topic: Thank you RME (Fireface UCX II experience)

Hello good folks at RME.
Maybe a strange post, but I thought it good to post it anyway.

I just wanted to thank you for the efforts and craftsmanship you put into making your products and how it affects the life and work of folks like me.

As a DJ who loves nothing more than entertaining people with good music, in recent years, I got severely disappointed with the quality of audio experienced using Pioneers audio interfaces they built into their DJ line of products.
For years I have been trying to determine what causes the quality of their built in audio interfaces to be so poor, compared to the audio quality of playing without a laptop (using USB sticks) and I never really got to determine for sure what is the problem, but it seems ASIO drivers, converter quality differences and poor software support are at the root of the issues I encountered.

An issue that doesn't arise when a DJ chooses to play with USB sticks, but since I have gotten used to doing my job in a certain more flexible way (with a laptop) and since Pioneers support lacks any motivation or drive to dive into my issue, I seriously considered giving up making money, doing what I love most, and look for alternative ways to make a living.

Until I bought a Fireface UCX II, and was able to, with that one purchase, solve all problems I was experiencing, regarding audio quality.

In a club environment, where most audio is played at a maximum volume, the Fireface II made a night and day difference in how I and the crowd experience good music. Since I use your hardware I started to love DJing again, enjoying what I do instead of being distracted by poor quality sound while I mix and every night ending up in disappointed troubleshooting and frustration.

So for that, thank you. Your striving for excellence, stable operation and superflexible routing and configuration options, resulted in products that make a meaningful difference in the lives of music lovers and audio professionals, and I continue to do what I love because of it.

All the best,
Jakko Borg

Re: Thank you RME (Fireface UCX II experience)

+1

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13