Topic: RME 800 stopped working under Windows 10 - Assumed Driver Issue

Dear RME community.

I acquired a used Fireface 800. I added a FireWire PCIe card to my Windows 10 computer and installed the latest drivers from 2019 (driver_fw_win_3125) including TotalMix. Everything was working fine.

After a while the interface started crashing, indefinitely repeating the last sound input and forcing a reboot of the whole system. It didn't happen often but it started to become worse.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers for the interface. I tried to install the legacy drivers for the FireWire PCIe card.  While at first the interface showed up marked as "working properly" in the windows device manager, at some point the interface shows an issue marked as "Code 37"; the drivers for this device cannot be initialized properly. Uninstalling and reinstalling both TotalMix and the drivers seems not to help. I went into the registry to delete the UpperFilters entry for the interface, again, no effect.

I tried to update the firmware of the Fireface and feared that I broke something in this process - but on a different machine of a friend (MacOS) the interface worked without any issues as a plug and play device and showed the correct driver and firmware versions.

Do you have any idea what I can do? I would really like to get this to work.

Cheers,
Fenix

Re: RME 800 stopped working under Windows 10 - Assumed Driver Issue

IndigoFenix wrote:

Dear RME community.

I acquired a used Fireface 800. I added a FireWire PCIe card to my Windows 10 computer and installed the latest drivers from 2019 (driver_fw_win_3125) including TotalMix. Everything was working fine.

After a while the interface started crashing, indefinitely repeating the last sound input and forcing a reboot of the whole system. It didn't happen often but it started to become worse.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers for the interface. I tried to install the legacy drivers for the FireWire PCIe card.  While at first the interface showed up marked as "working properly" in the windows device manager, at some point the interface shows an issue marked as "Code 37"; the drivers for this device cannot be initialized tunnel rush properly. Uninstalling and reinstalling both TotalMix and the drivers seems not to help. I went into the registry to delete the UpperFilters entry for the interface, again, no effect.

I tried to update the firmware of the Fireface and feared that I broke something in this process - but on a different machine of a friend (MacOS) the interface worked without any issues as a plug and play device and showed the correct driver and firmware versions.

Do you have any idea what I can do? I would really like to get this to work.

Cheers,
Fenix

Try disabling driver signature enforcement in Windows. This will allow you to install the driver without any errors. However, this is only a temporary solution as driver signature enforcement will be re-enabled after the next reboot.