1 (edited by Poidy 2024-01-30 17:38:10)

Topic: Fireface UCX - Not connecting to windows

Hello everyone, I hope you all are well!

I recently re-installed windows 11 on my pc (previously was using windows 11 with fireface ucx and everything was working fine) and can't seem to get the unit to connect and show audio channels on either input or output, I installed the latest drivers, it's connected via usb and I have Totalmixfx up and running, it's showing that input with my microphone is working fine(when I tap the microphone the green meter goes up showing it's picking up signal within totalmixfx) but I can't seem to get the channels to show up under the sound settings, the unit itself seems to be working perfect on a hardware aspect and 2 weeks ago on my last windows 11 it was working fine but seems since reinstalling it no longer picks up any of the channels

All the lights on the front of the unit aren't lit up indicating host is working as intended, when i turn the unit on windows makes a noise indicating it's picking up a new usb device, just no audio channels are showing up

Has anyone else had these issues, any advice would be amazing!

Thanks in advance

Poidy

2 (edited by waedi 2024-01-30 18:45:56)

Re: Fireface UCX - Not connecting to windows

Why should Windows pick up channels ?
It should pick up the whole interface and use it as system audio, right ?
In the DAW, there you should be able to select channels input and output.
Can you ?
Check the Device Manager

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Fireface USB Settings dialog - set WDM Devices to at least 1.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I am having a similar issue. I had boot disk crash and in recovering I went from WIN 10 to WIN 11. Everything was fine under WIN 10, but now under 11 My Fireface UC is not connecting. The Device manager
(I tried dragging a screenshot into this message but it failed) shows RME Fireface UC under Sound, video and game controllers but under Audio inputs and outputs the only entries are for the motherboard audio devices.
As a workaround I am using an old Focusrite interface which installs fine but I want Fireface back as it is much superior (when it works).

According to MC I should set WDM devices as >= 1 in "Fireface USB settings dialog" Where in Windows can I find this dialog?

Thanks - JS

https://i.ibb.co/tKFbRMC/fire.jpg

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Thank you for this info - it fixed my problem of Windows 11 sound settings not seeing my RME UCX II even though Studio One saw it just fine.