Topic: Cannot connect to RME website

I discovered that since yesterday I cannot connect to the forum or the website via computer.  Tried both Chrome and Edge on Win11 latest version. No problems in my LAN or when I connect to other sites, forums etc. And no problem when I connect via my Android phone with internet disabled.
Is there a problem at your end?
Any other idea?
Greetings from Sweden

2 (edited by waedi 2024-02-01 15:31:56)

Re: Cannot connect to RME website

Maybe it was a maintenance going on at that moment? Right now it's working fine.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

That would be nice but it's still "website cannot be reached. Took too long to answer."
My grandson lives 60 km from me and he got the same reply when he tried to connect via his Windows 11 laptop.
I can write this only through my phones 4/5g connection.

Works fine for me

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

It works for you and for my ISP support person but not for me. Tried resetting the router, the access point for wifi and re-installed the web-browser on the computer.
The only answer I get is that there is no certificate for RME's website (in the browser on the pc).
Right now I connect via my phone - no problem with 4G.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

The website certificate is fine. See this test site: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze … Results=on 

When your phone is connected to your wifi can you get to the site on your phone? If you can it’s something with your computer.  If not, it’s your ISP.

Thanks mrkahuna!
It all points to the ISP - phone with wifi does not work but without it does.

8 (edited by rexet 2024-02-09 16:33:40)

I have the exact same issue. I can’t reach the RME website from both my computer (a Windows desktop and a Apple laptop). All the rest of internet is working fine. I can access RME website with my phone using cellular data.
What are the chances that we have the same ISP issue since you’re in Sweden while I’m in France?

Any chance it could be from RME side?

Current: RME UCX II
Previous: Multiface > Fireface 800 > Babyface > Babyface Pro > Babyface Pro FS

Interesting to hear, rexet. I still have the problem. Restarted fiber modem, then router and checked wifi and ethernet connections. Changed router. Went hunting for wrong settings in router, computer, Windows, web browser. No avail. And the rest of internet's many websites seem to function and let me in (well, at least those I have tried).
The only way I can get in to read and write on this forum is via my cell phone and its 4g network.
I start to wonder what I have done to make RME shut my computers out...
It is a small relief to know that we are at least two

Yeah this is weird. I was able to access the website without any issue since I regularly check for driver updates. I realize that it was not working anymore a couples days ago. Like you, I have check everything, routers, firewalls, DNS, etc. Everything seems fine on my side and the rest of Internet is working just fine as well. It is like the RME server has blacklisted some IPs or some countries, I don’t know.

It is working now. I didn't change anything.

Congratulations!
Now I just hope that the miracle will spread to the north!

I installed VPN in Chrome and violà! - it works!

If it's RME's webserver that's blocking your computer, you should get a message telling you it has been blocked because of spam.

I've had that happen once on 4G.

If there's no message, it could be your internet provider (DNS or routing problem) or even some misbehaving router between you and RME's webhost. I've seen that happen with one of our local internet providers in one part of the country. But that has been fixed years ago.

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...

I‘m in the same boat for days. All other sites I tried work. On cellphone wifi disabled it works. At home I can only connect via opera browser vpn activated.

Today it's accessible again. Did not make any change. Strange.

I wonder if my problem somehow is connected to the statement in the light blue square above:
"Forum registration with Gmail addresses currently unavailable, please use another mail address."
I use Google Chrome to connect to the website and I am registered with a gmail address.

18 (edited by musikplus 2024-02-20 12:14:51)

waedi wrote:

Maybe it was a maintenance going on at that moment? Right now it's working fine.

I cannot connect RME site with my desktop.
However I can connect with different IP on my laptop.
Is there something going on or my desktop failure ?

https://i.imgur.com/6Fl7oX1.png

musikplus wrote:
waedi wrote:

For troubleshooting such issues, you need to provide at least the source (WAN) IP address of your router (from ISP)
maybe also which provider you have.

But such information I wouldn't provide in a public forum, better is to write such details to RME support in a mail.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:
musikplus wrote:
waedi wrote:

For troubleshooting such issues, you need to provide at least the source (WAN) IP address of your router (from ISP)
maybe also which provider you have.

But such information I wouldn't provide in a public forum, better is to write such details to RME support in a mail.

==================================
Problem Solved
==================================

I've changeded Router Mac address and it works now.
They say it has to do with ISP and my Router.

I can connect to RME site now.

21 (edited by SyNPr 2024-02-22 15:57:51)

Apparently the ISP blocks various IP ranges for security reasons. Can you access the following URL: https://rme.jamp.info. What about the Forum, does it work?

I still have the same issues when I try to reach the RME website, the Forum or the link you provided above.
My short-term solution is to use 1VPN in Google Chrome. That way I can pretend to be in Germany.
However, I will call my ISP provider and ask for a new MAC address. I´ll get back to you when any results show up.

23 (edited by 9s.recording 2024-02-24 04:17:06)

Cannot connect RME website with different location, difference web browser. I'm in Taiwan.
Both DE and USA website cannot be accessed.
Other Taiwan user can access, my mobile phone can access. I cleared cache, I shutdown some extension, but still cannot access.
Update: VPN Netherland works! VPN Singapore doesn't. VPN USA works.

We just moved to a new server. Please everyone check if the website is now available.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

It still doesn't work for me without VPN. Butmy own country (Sweden) works in VPN for me.
I have been on a business trip so I haven't still got around to ask my ISP for a new MAC address.

zyberguran wrote:

It still doesn't work for me without VPN. Butmy own country (Sweden) works in VPN for me.
I have been on a business trip so I haven't still got around to ask my ISP for a new MAC address.

did you try empty browser cache and reload the page ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Yes I did. Three times.