Topic: Fireface UFX No Input Signal

Hi, I am a new owner of a Fireface UFX. Unfortunately, not a single signal is coming through the inputs today. Neither at the LED at the mic inputs, nor at the front panel. Nothing even in stand-alone mode. Cables and mics already checked.
But USB communicates and ADAT works perfectly. The software on the UFX is this: SW 1.63. Do you have any ideas or tips for me?

2 (edited by oli77sch 2024-02-26 21:29:12)

Re: Fireface UFX No Input Signal

Hi
I don’t know how experienced you are with (RME) audio interfaces or similar devices. Here are some 'basic' hints. Please simply ignore it when it’s obviously clear for you:
- phantom power for condenser mics activated?
- UFX has digitally controlled input gain. Is it opened on the selected mic channel?
- nothing visible in Totalmix (hardware inputs) on the computer?

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

So you just bought an old, used unit. The power supply might fail in that one so that AD and DA converters have no power...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

thanks for your reply!

@oli77sch
- yes phantom is on, checked with a condenser and sm58
- I know, input gain is on
- no input signal visible in totalmix when connected

oli77sch wrote:

Hi
I don’t know how experienced you are with (RME) audio interfaces or similar devices. Here are some 'basic' hints. Please simply ignore it when it’s obviously clear for you:
- phantom power for condenser mics activated?
- UFX has digitally controlled input gain. Is it opened on the selected mic channel?
- nothing visible in Totalmix (hardware inputs) on the computer?

ah ok, what does that mean? do i have to send the device in for repair?

MC wrote:

So you just bought an old, used unit. The power supply might fail in that one so that AD and DA converters have no power...

6 (edited by waedi 2024-02-27 15:43:10)

Jimmy Recard wrote:

ah ok, what does that mean? do i have to send the device in for repair?

You can buy an internal PSU and replace it by yourself or by a technician.
But the recommendation is clear : send in for repair. Let the service partners of RME do the work professional.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue