Topic: Hardware question

I hope all is well. So, I have a MackieProFX4v2 mixer that interfaces with my RME AIO Pro that has custom AES breakout cable with 2 TRS input and 2 TRS outputs. I wanted to know if there is an RME product that can act like a mixer that can interface with my RME aio pro with my custom breakout cable? I don’t want to eliminate my RME AIO Pro. Also, I need the mixer replacement to be compact. Would the RME fireface UCX ii be able to do it?

Re: Hardware question

That Mackie doesn’t do AES, it’s just analog stereo out.

But it’s unclear what you’re asking and what you’re trying to do. What’s plugged into the Mackie inputs now? Are you trying to have more inputs?

mrkahuna wrote:

That Mackie doesn’t do AES, it’s just analog stereo out.

But it’s unclear what you’re asking and what you’re trying to do. What’s plugged into the Mackie inputs now? Are you trying to have more inputs?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dnKg0F … 4I7Fy/view

That link shows my current setup.

I want to replace my Mackie Mixer with an RME product.  I need it to handle all my connections that communicates with the 2 TRS input and 2 TRS output custom DSUB AES cable connected to my RME AIO pro. Hopefully that is clearer?

Your AIO can do all of that except act as a mic pre-amp.  If I were in your shoes I’d get a nice stand-alone preamp or channel strip for your mic.  All the other connections in your diagram can be handled by the AIO and the RME balanced analog breakout cable.  Then just use TotalMix as your mixer.

mrkahuna wrote:

Your AIO can do all of that except act as a mic pre-amp.  If I were in your shoes I’d get a nice stand-alone preamp or channel strip for your mic.  All the other connections in your diagram can be handled by the AIO and the RME balanced analog breakout cable.  Then just use TotalMix as your mixer.

Thanks, I was thinking the RME UCX ii could act as a stand-alone mixer and I can manage it and the RME AIO pro using total mix with ease. Guess that is off the table. Thanks for your help.

I wanted to thank the Jeff and the RME team. I decided to go with the RME UCX II. I got it for $1145 on a website.  So it is RME UCX -> TOSLink -> RME AIO Pro. Using standalone mode on the RME UCX ii. Here is the setup now.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qHmuQW … p=drivesdk