1 (edited by oortone 2024-02-23 07:55:28)

Topic: Total Mix acting on it's own (madi-midi port issue?)

I had a setup with:

Madiface XT
Andiamo (optical madi, mic pre controlled via Madi-midi in Madiface)
ProTools Studio on MacBookPro M1
(The second optical madi also sent the Andiamo channels to another system but that's not important, output only)

First day, soundcheck only. All working.
I happened to close the lid on the MacBook, didn't really think about it

Opened the lid next day
Could not control Mic Pres via Madi-midi, checked midi ports (in the Andiamo application) and now they had really weird names. Could not make it work.

After a while Total Mix started to act on it's own, it was like someone was scrolling left/right and also some flickering on the mutegroups and more. Quit Total Mix, then reopened, no improvement.

Restarted computer, all well and midi ports got their proper names again.
Second night I did force the MacBook not to sleep and there were no issues day three.

Theory: When MacBook went to sleep something happened to the midiports and the midi signal that the Andiamo sends on madi (level graphs and various status) somehow found it's way remote controlling the Madiface XT instead. Is that a plausible theory? Is there such midi control possibilities?

Also if I don't want to turn off Madiface XT over night (since it also sent the signal elsewhere) do I need to prevent the computer from sleeping to keep midi ports safe or what could have gone wrong here?

Re: Total Mix acting on it's own (madi-midi port issue?)

In Totalmix, menu Options, Midi control and OSC control is off ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Also check if in Aux devices under settings, if all midi ports are switched off.

Regards,
Audio AG Support

OK, thanks. I had to return this particuilar set, I lended it, but I will look this up next time. I guess the real question is if MacOS lose it's midi port routing when lid is closed.