Topic: Rollback Driver and Firmware? Totalmix Routing Issues

Original Babyface here. For 4 years, I've had a weekly Facebook Live stream, using Windows 10, Studio One, and OBS Studio. For 4 years, I've sent ADAT 3-4 Out from S1 to OBS and all has been well. Over the weekend, I updated to Windows 11. Also updated my RME firmware and driver, as well as OBS to 30.1. No matter what I do, OBS Studio will not recognize any actions or routing performed in Totalmix. It will only "listen" to whatever source I'm sending to it from the Windows Device list. Faders in Totalmix don't change anything. S1 REALLY doesn't do anything.

So I've downgraded back to Windows 10 and OBS 28 and still broken. Trying to get back to firmware 225, and whatever the previous driver version was.

If some wizard knows how to fix my S1/OBS/Totalmix issue without changing my firmware (or using that Reastream plugin), I'm all ears.

Re: Rollback Driver and Firmware? Totalmix Routing Issues

If you use WDM in OBS, please check if the WDM devices are activated in the Fireface USB Settings.

Other solution can be to use the ASIO Plugin for OBS.

Regards,
Audio AG Support

Hi
I suggest to check in RME settings app (the separate one, not Totamix!) if there are active WDM devices (so not zero but at least 1 selected).

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

4 (edited by jmo2610 2024-03-13 15:31:18)

Audio AG Support wrote:

If you use WDM in OBS, please check if the WDM devices are activated in the Fireface USB Settings.

Other solution can be to use the ASIO Plugin for OBS.

Okay but SHOULD I be using WDM for OBS? Does that bypass Totalmix Fx? I can't stress enough that I didn't change any settings. Settings that have been set and working for 4 years. I only upgraded the OS and software.

oli77sch wrote:

Hi
I suggest to check in RME settings app (the separate one, not Totamix!) if there are active WDM devices (so not zero but at least 1 selected).

Yes I've done that. I have 6 devices in WDM. All showing in my list of Windows output devices in Sound Settings.

jmo2610 wrote:

Okay but SHOULD I be using WDM for OBS? Does that bypass Totalmix Fx? I can't stress enough that I didn't change any settings. Settings that have been set and working for 4 years. I only upgraded the OS and software.

TotalMix runs on the interface itself, the app on the computer is only there to control it. So it can’t be bypassed.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2