1 (edited by windie 2024-03-07 19:37:17)

Topic: Connecting ADI 2 DAC FS with Yamaha WXA 50

https://i.gyazo.com/a7a9ddd15c32bebcdfdc0f6d819c6984.png

How would i go about connecting these two together? I want to use ADIs features while playing music from my speakers that are connected to the WXA 50.
Right now my ADI2 is connected to my PC via usb and im only using it with my headphones. The WXA 50 is connected to my TV via optical.

Re: Connecting ADI 2 DAC FS with Yamaha WXA 50

Connect ADI-2 DAC’s RCA out to Yamaha Aux In.

Connect your TV set’s optical cable into ADI-2 DAC’s Optical in.

KaiS wrote:

Thank you.

KaiS wrote:

Does it matter that im planning on playing music thru the Yamahas TIDAL connect feature?

windie wrote:

Does it matter that im planning on playing music thru the Yamahas TIDAL connect feature?

Yes.
As there’s no route back from Yamaha to ADI-2, Tidal will not run to or through ADI-2 DAC from there.

But - you can play Tidal from your PC if you wish to.

KaiS wrote:
windie wrote:

Yes.
As there’s no route back from Yamaha to ADI-2, Tidal will not run to or through ADI-2 DAC from there.

Ok, thanks.

KaiS wrote:
windie wrote:

Yes.

How should i set the volumes on each device? im using auto ref level and want to use the rme to control volume.

8 (edited by KaiS 2024-03-09 20:02:34)

windie wrote:

How should i set the volumes on each device? im using auto ref level and want to use the rme to control volume.

Yamaha WXA 50’s “advanced” manual states:
Maximum Input Level AUX IN: 2.4 V.

This equals +10 dBu and should not be exceeded.

• With Auto Ref Level active, set ADI-2 Volume to -3 dBr.

• Play some typical music and dial Yamaha’s volume to the maximum listening loudness you intend to use.

• Mark the position of Yamaha’s volume dial (like with a little sticky tape triangle) for later reference.

- - DONE - -

9 (edited by windie 2024-03-20 17:09:28)

KaiS wrote:
windie wrote:

• Play some typical music and dial Yamaha’s volume to the maximum listening loudness you intend to use.

• Mark the position of Yamaha’s volume dial (like with a little sticky tape triangle) for later reference.

- - DONE - -

Hi, i followed the steps (Set ADI-2 volume to -3dBr, used the Yamaha MusicCast app to set max listening volume i would use (-20dB), since the volume wheel on the unit is infinite with no indicator.) I have autoref level on on the ADI-2 and it says +13dBu (Auto) at -3dBr on the volume screen. Did i do something wrong or is it how intented?

windie wrote:
KaiS wrote:
windie wrote:

- - DONE - -

Hi, i followed the steps (Set ADI-2 volume to -3dBr, used the Yamaha MusicCast app to set max listening volume i would use (-20dB), since the volume wheel on the unit is infinite with no indicator.) I have autoref level on on the ADI-2 and it says +13dBu (Auto) at -3dBr on the volume screen. Did i do something wrong or is it how intented?

All good, enjoy smile