1 (edited by HKureshi 2024-03-29 13:03:14)

Topic: MacOS Monterey - Fireface 800 Driver

Hey guys new to the forum but not at all new to RME Products..... I have a Fireface 800 ---> MacOS Monterey. I tried installing the driver version named "driver_fw_mac_341" several times from the download section. After installation it would makes noise every time i would try playing back something. I would turn the FF800 it off and on several times then it would eventually work just fine till the next reboot. Seems like the driver is glitchy.  Any other person experiencing the same thing with this driver version?

2 (edited by waedi 2024-03-29 13:32:32)

Re: MacOS Monterey - Fireface 800 Driver

Similar symptoms have been reported over time and it turned out to be often a broken (or dying) internal power supply.
Was this replaced in any time ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Yes, it was fixed only a month ago, however i installed "driver_fw_mac_336" seems to be working fine with that rill now as least.

The problem unfortunately is still there even with the version "driver_fw_mac_336" .... now i also tried another FF800 unit on my Mac with the "driver_fw_mac_336" driver but no luck....... so, the question now is could it be a glitchy driver or both FF800 have issues ??????

5 (edited by waedi 2024-03-29 23:35:29)

The firmware is up to date ? What version is on ?
It should be 2.70 or 2.77

right now driver_fw_mac_336 version not aware about the firmware

Open the Fireface Settings Dialog, on top left side it shows the driver version and the firmware version.

8 (edited by HKureshi 2024-03-30 09:50:12)

Version 2.77 on both units ...... Also worth noting is that the FF800 units were running perfectly on MacOS Catalina 3 days ago. And now decided i upgraded to Monterey which makes me think that RME drivers are glitchy.  This is the first time in 12 years Iam having a problem.

Do you connect directly to a Firewire port or is this with some USB adapters ?

Directly

It's been reported many times the FF800 is running well on newer MacOS, also with the USB-adapters, therefore I think the driver is not "glitchy", it would have been reported.

12 (edited by oli77sch 2024-03-30 11:45:39)

HKureshi wrote:

Directly

If your Mac has a native FireWire port, it seems to be an old Intel based model, right?
So I wonder how you managed to install Monterey on it. Did you use some patcher? And I also wonder how you installed driver v3.36 under Monterey …?
Can you give us some information about this?

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2