Topic: TotalMix not loading after Mac update to 14.4.1

Fireface UFX+ w USB Kernel Driver.

Updated Mac to 14.4.1 Sonoma

TotalMix doesn't open and neither does the FireFace USB settings app.

I reinstalled the RME Kernel driver and rebooted but no change.

I upgraded my RME firmware, driver and totalmix last week and it was running great.

Any ideas?

Thx!

UFX+, Reaper, Ableton, Mac, Drummer, Modular, Norns/PiSound/Organelle....

Re: TotalMix not loading after Mac update to 14.4.1

After the Sonoma update Security settings might be back to high - redo the Recovery less security process. Also check the Security & Privacy settings for RME.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by GMB 2024-03-29 15:47:48)

Thanks - that's what I was thinking.  But The Recovery Utility security settings seem correct. I tried changing and putting them back just in case.  And after reinstalling the drivers there were no security requests for RME in the Privacy Settings Panel.

Is there a way to uninstall and then reinstall the kernel extension drivers?

Maybe it's time to switch to driverkit.  And maybe over to Thunderbolt as well. 

I never got around to ever get Thunderbolt working and have always just used USB.  I didn't have a decent TB cable when I first set the interface up and performance has always been amazing, even with a Ferrofish 16 and 2 OPTX ADAT expanders.

GMB wrote:

Thanks - that's what I was thinking.  But The Recovery Utility security settings seem correct. I tried changing and putting them back just in case.  And after reinstalling the drivers there were no security requests for RME in the Privacy Settings Panel.

Is there a way to uninstall and then reinstall the kernel extension drivers?

Installing the new Driverkit driver does erase the previous driver and then installing the kext driver again will overwrite the Dk afaik.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

5 (edited by GMB 2024-03-29 16:39:53)

I read that and gave it a try - it does seem to uninstall the Kernel drivers.

My Mac stll wasn't recognizing the UFX+.  Triple checked the USB cable (good USB 3 cable, not using a hub).  Even tried to setup the Thunderbolt driverkit version.  No luck.

The only thing that worked, was to use the USB cable with a USB-C adapter and plug into a Thunderbolt port, not the USB port I've been using for a while.  Although now I guess I'm using driverkit instead of Kernel drivers.  It says FW:55, Driver 4.10.

So I'm up again thankfully.  But I guess I have some kind of USB conflict I'll need to figure out. I do have a lot of USB devices of various kinds, mostly MIDI related.