1 (edited by Undertaker78 2024-03-29 18:42:55)

Topic: Dsp Sub & Rme Adi-2 pro fs black

Ok so i ordered a Rme adi-2 pro fs pro black some time ago (didn t arrive yet) and my setup is an audient Id22 interface , a pair of kh120 Neumanns monitors and an M-audio Bx 10 Sub in a threated room.

I order the Rme Adi-2 because i wanted to listen better and do some mastering stuff in the future.

After some thoughts ill be adding the Neumann Kh750 sub + Neumann MA 1 callibration kit to my system .

This will correct my monitors and room and for sure it will be a more accurate system to produce Edm and listen to.

Now, does the Rme Adi-2 still fits in this setup ?? Will it be worth only for monitoring ?
Does anyone has a similar setup ?

Re: Dsp Sub & Rme Adi-2 pro fs black

I'm not sure why you'd add the RME as the Audient has good AD/DA, as well as a balanced out to feed your Neumanns.  I have an ADI-2 Pro at home feeding Genelec monitors and assume the Neumann MA 1 kit works the same as Genelec's GLM does... audio is fed to your sub and left/right outs from the sub to the mains.

How were you planning on having the Audient feed the AID-2 Pro?  Seems like you've got some redundancy that isn't really needed.

Re: Dsp Sub & Rme Adi-2 pro fs black

ericseaberg wrote:

I'm not sure why you'd add the RME as the Audient has good AD/DA, as well as a balanced out to feed your Neumanns.  I have an ADI-2 Pro at home feeding Genelec monitors and assume the Neumann MA 1 kit works the same as Genelec's GLM does... audio is fed to your sub and left/right outs from the sub to the mains.

Yes, it works like the Genelecs GLM calibration system.
Well where i live i cannot have access to any place i could listen to the RME ADI but wanted my place and monitors/sub to sound better so i could listen/mix better, so based from what i read and dig the ADI would make a good difference as it has one of the best DACS in the market right now.

Now that im willing to pull the trigger for a more costly sub as the Neumann 750 and the calibration kit maybe the RME ADI will be redutant as this Neumann system will phase align and correct my studio room imperfections

How were you planning on having the Audient feed the AID-2 Pro?  Seems like you've got some redundancy that isn't really needed.

Audient Id22 toshlink out/In to RME ADI IN/Out . RME outs to Sub and Sub outs to the monitors