Topic: EQ and filter questions - uber basic

I have some more very basic questions. 

1.  How do the filter's effect the EQ settings and vice versa?  I have optioned my filter for SD Slow, slow.  I picked that one as it appeared to soften the power going to the high frequencies.  The chart in the manual looked that way to me.  If the filter lowers the power to the high frequencies, have I lowered them even more with the EQ?  How do I know?

2. I see different references to dB's when reading about the EQ.  What is the greatest gain/drop for each band in the EQ?  6db, 12db?  It looks like the lower frequencies can not be manipulated as much using the EQ compared to the higher frequencies?

3.  Just to confirm, the frequency range included in each band can be narrowed or lengthened?   I am not ready to do that but I am interested for later if it comes to that.   The book makes me think I can do that.

4.  I have Klipsch horn speakers.  They are very bright.  All this extra reading an digging is only to  figure out a way on the EQ to tame them.  I am determined to make these Klipsch Heresy IV's submit to the power of the RME!

Sorry for always having such basic questions.  I still have a lot to learn. As always, I am grateful for your help and insights.

Re: EQ and filter questions - uber basic

One more.  Any RME users in Kentucky?  It would be great to have a small group that lived close together to meet, share and learn.