Topic: Enhancing Your Radio Experience with Babyface Pro: A Guide

For those interested, here's a quick rundown on how to optimize your radio listening using a PC, Babyface Pro, and Audials Play (freeware available on many platforms):

In "Audials Play" options, navigate to Common > Soundcard and select 'ADAT (7+8) (RME Babyface Pro)'. It seems 'SPDIF/ADAT (1+2)(RME Babyface Pro)' isn't selectable anymore, but 'ADAT (7+8)' works fine.
Connect your PC to the Babyface Pro (the older version, not FS) via USB.
In "TotalMixFx," route the signal from 'SOFTWARE PLAYBACK ADAT 7/8' to 'HARDWARE OUTPUT AN 1/2' + 'MAIN' = 'PH 3/4':
a) 'AN 1/2' goes via XLR directly to monitors.
b) 'PH 3/4' is for headphones with low impedance (using a 6.35mm audio jack, as +13 dBu > +7 dBu).
c) Alternatively, route 'PH 3/4' via a 6.35mm audio jack (unbalanced) + 2 x RCA to an old amplifier's AUX input.
A Note:
Yes, it might seem like overkill for radio, but the improvement in sound quality is noticeable. Most stations broadcast in 128 bps MP3, with some classics reaching up to 256 bps MP3. I've also tried DAB+, but the quality is similar or sometimes worse. The same goes for cable radio (in Germany), at least based on my tests. I can't compare it to old analog radio since I don't have the equipment, but I hardly notice a difference apart from more noise...
In summary: I've found internet radio to be superior; no need for a radio, receiver, or cable. "Audials Play" is handy, especially since it automatically syncs favorites to your smartphone.

Yes, it's not CD quality or HiRes, but it's practical for me. I haven't come across any HiRes radio channels. Any thoughts or comments on this?

Re: Enhancing Your Radio Experience with Babyface Pro: A Guide

Owners of ADI-2/4 Pro jumping up from their sofa and scream : you have to use an Adi-2 Pro it's even better music !

I never looked at sound quality at radio listening as the music is selected by someone else it's not my music.
Radio is for me the on-the-way-music. iPhone and bluetooth headphone is the stereo-set. The improvement of this is ongoing and I love the sound, especially ANC is a lifesaver for me.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Re: Enhancing Your Radio Experience with Babyface Pro: A Guide

That rundown makes not much sense. First wrong order (you can't select something that isn't connected to the computer), second default WDM output is Analog 1/2 or Loudspeaker, easy to select that, no extra routing in TM FX needed. And the whole thing is just a normal playback using that app as source.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME