Topic: Windows 11: Switching between ASIO ADI-2 and UFX III ?

Hey friends,

I use ADI-2 PRO FS R BE for Hi-Fi headphone listening and headphone mastering, and my UFX III as my production interface.

When my UFX III is turned off, i have no issues using my ADI-2 via ASIO MADIface USB, but when it is - it some how defaults as the primary card.

How do i change this? The two interfaces are connected via USB to my computer.

2 (edited by ramses 2024-04-07 12:32:20)

Re: Windows 11: Switching between ASIO ADI-2 and UFX III ?

After seeing Kubraks comment, maybe I read your posting wrong and you meant operation under ASIO.
I left my initial reply as option b) regarding operation with WDM drivers.

A) Case ASIO

The order of interfaces can be changed in the driver settings by using a different sort order.
See MADIface driver settings, TAB "About" -> Sort ASIO devices...
Default is "do not modify".
You can change this to sort either to "lexicographical ascending" or "descending".

B) case WDM / Windows audio

Possibly you set the wrong WDM driver (of the UFX III) to act as Windows default audio device.
Once the UFX III is powered-on again, then it will become the default sound device for Windows again.

I am not sure whether it helps, but this is how I use both devices in my setup:

I also have UFX III and ADI-2 Pro FS, both connected via USB.
But for the ADI-2 Pro I am using USB only for ADI-2 Remote and firmware updates.
Otherwise, I use it only in AD/DA mode connected to UFX III via ADAT.

See here:
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/Ent … our-Setup/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

The order may change even when using ASIO. I have the same behaviour with UCX and 802. I use mostly UCX, 802 is mostly off. If I switch 802 on it forces UCX to renumber as interface 2 and I have to reassign inputs and outputs to SW.

Kubrak wrote:

The order may change even when using ASIO. I have the same behaviour with UCX and 802. I use mostly UCX, 802 is mostly off. If I switch 802 on it forces UCX to renumber as interface 2 and I have to reassign inputs and outputs to SW.

Corrected my posting after reading your reply, thanks Kubrak.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

@ramses thanks a lot!!! I wrongly thought that that setting in ASIO has totally different meaning.... :-(

I have managed to force UCX be the first device in any condition. So, now it stays first even if I switch 802 on. Great relieve!!!

For WDM: The default Windows playback device can be set easily in the Windows Sound control panel. Set that to ADI-2 and the UFX III will no longer interfere.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME