Topic: Total Mix post fader sends possible?

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a UCX II and using it as mixer for small live jobs. But to do so, I'd need to be able to create post fader sends for Zoom and the like (N-1). Is that somehow possible in TM? I was playing around with fader groups, but this would only work on a channel by channel basis and is only a workaround for a few channels.

Re: Total Mix post fader sends possible?

What shall the destination be for such a send ?
Inputs in DAWs ? Instead of using Loopback ?
The Loopback is post-fader.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

No DAWs involved. I am talking about small conferences where presenters are often "zooming in". They need to hear the mix I am sending to the PA minus themselves (hence N-1). That's how it's done live and even the most basic live desks offer post fader Auxes. So to answer your question - the destination would be the input of a dedicated zoom computer.
I tried this with my Babyface, where AN 1 would be the PA and AN 2 Zoom input. Now the mix of AN 2 needs to exactly follow that of AN 1 minus the Zoom output, because I don't want to send it back and create a feedback loop.
Of course TM is not meant to be a serious live mixer, but this is the last feature I am missing to make it work. Another way to put it is the ability to mix into multiple submixes at once. If I could select two or more outputs simultaneously in TM (for each input individually), that would be it.

If someone searches for the same thing: Trim Mode seems to be the answer! I first thought about using the reverb send 100% dry, but the send doesn't even show up on the iPad with my Babyface (maybe it does with UCX II though). But Trim Mode does exactly what I was looking for. The help even recommends using Trim Mode in a live situation. Gotta love Total Mix! smile

vB wrote:

If I could select two or more outputs simultaneously in TM (for each input individually), that would be it.

Right-click onto an output channel and copy/mirror to other outputs let you connect multiple outputs to be one submix.
Every input can be routed individually to every output all the time.
For live mixing Totalmix is great.
Let's say an evening with a bunch of bands every soundcheck can be stored in a workspace and loaded for the gig.
You may have to spend more time to learn all functions and features especially Trim and Loopback.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

I use Loopback every day smile
The mirror function is great! I thought it would simply copy the fader positions, but it works like a matrix channel on a live desk (or at least the outcome is the same). Still, this would create a feedback loop when it comes to video conferencing. Trim Mode is where it's at. Thanks for the suggestions!