Topic: ADI-2 Remote 2.0 - Ipad is staying offline

Hello!

I have a ADI-2 DAC FS and am trying to setup ADI-2 REMOTE 2.0 on my IPad. I downloaded the latest software update on the IPad, v.2.0, and did a firmware update (release date 27-mar-2024 to V62, USB81) on the DAC. I set REMAP KEYS/DIAG to ON. IPad Air, 12.5.7.

I only see OFFLINE  at the top of the screen. I tried resetting, turning off an on etc., still offline.

Thank you in advance for your help. (and thanks for a great product!!)

Re: ADI-2 Remote 2.0 - Ipad is staying offline

The iPad is connected to the DAC via USB?

> I set REMAP KEYS/DIAG to ON

Unrelated. Set MIDI Control to On (Setup - Options - Device Mode / DSD, scroll down to MIDI Control).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I just tried that and same results. Yes, the IPad is connected to the DAC by USB: USB2 B to A cable and an A to Lightning cable both joined by a USB2 fem-fem coupler.

Do you use the Apple Lightning to USB camera adapter? I mere cable would not suffice, since the adapter has some hardware in it.

I bought the Apple Lightning to USB3 adapter and it solved the problem. Many thanks!! The Remote App is awesome!

Question: Since I am not streaming any music from my tablet to the DAC and am only using the tablet to run the Remote App, will a high-quality audio USB cable make a difference in sound quality? I ma currently using a standard $15 USB2 3ft cable. Thanks again!

You can save the money.
is the regular cheap USB cable working ? Then you are fine.
Sound quality remains as is digital.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Yes, it is working perfectly. Thank you.
WOW! This Remote App is fantastic. Bravo, RME!