Topic: Audio Midi Setup_Sonoma_UFXII

Longtime windows user switched to mac this week.  Brought over my ufxII, however Im unclear how audio midi setup works, as "configure Device" is greyed out for RME, an every other audio source?  I went back to the instructions on the RME Website, and it states that there are some security things that I am supposed to address, however they do not appear in this os as the article states?   Im obviously missing something.  Can anyone point me towards a resource other than endless googling?

2 (edited by waedi 2024-04-12 22:04:50)

Re: Audio Midi Setup_Sonoma_UFXII

MacOS system preferences / audio
select the UFX for Input and output device.

MacOS system preferences / security and privacy / Microphone : Totalmix should be listed and enabled.

In the Audio-Midi-Setup, nothing further to do.

During the driver installation you may have to click an allow button in the Security&Privacy
I recommend the 410 driver, it's the newest and the installation is easy as 1-doubleclick.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Total mix does not show up under microphone?

thedukewestern wrote:

Total mix does not show up under microphone?

Some people say it's not need to show up there, try to ignore and check if the interface works.

5 (edited by thedukewestern 2024-04-12 22:23:32)

The Interface Works, and things are getting in and out of it, however Im trying to set up for sessionwire and zoom, for example, and none of my interfaces i/o are showing up in other applications.  All of the "configure device". (in the little gear icon) in audio midi setup are greyed out. 

When I used the device in windows, there was an area called "WDM CONFIGURATION", and it basically was where you would tell windows to look for audio from the interface in the consumer level progams.  I feel like I am looking for that here?   For example I cant even seem to point sessionwire at my headphone feed?   Im certain I am missing something.

When I google the "Configuration Greyed Out" apple says that it means that it is not connected?

These softwares Zoom etc. use only channels 1/2 they don't handle multichannel.
You have to use Totalmix and activate Loopback on channels 1/2.
The software playback channels in Totalmix (the middle row) are the channels where sound from the computer comes into the interface.
All possible channels are available in the computer without any configuration in the Audio-Midi-Setup.
For the headphone also, you have to route the signal from the software playback channel to the headphone, same as in Windows computer.
Totalmix routing is the same to what I know.