Topic: Stand alone losing main out on power cycle

I’m having an issue using baby face pro in stand alone mode. I configure all my settings in totalmix fx.. when I unplug the usb, the settings are fine, however when I power cycle the baby face pro, I loose the main out left channel, when I reconnect my iPad, the main left returns, where am I going wrong?

2 (edited by waedi 2024-04-12 19:54:32)

Re: Stand alone losing main out on power cycle

Not clear what you are doing.
Using Totalmix is not standalone mode. Using iPad was for CC-mode, new iPad with Totalmix can use the Babyface as a normal interface..
Is the Babyface in PC-mode or in CC-mode ?
Do you use Adat ?
Is the Main-out assigned to the headphone or the analog outputs XLR ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Im trying to use the babyface pro without an iPad or computer connected I only connect something via usb to configure the settings of the babyface pro and then leave the usb disconnected, which works fine until have to power off the babyface pro. When I power up the unit again, the settings have changed, specifically, the main outs left channel stops working. when I reconnect the iPad, the total mix setting kick back in and the main out left channels starts working again.

Im not using adat,
the main out is assigned to the analog outputs XLR

Hope this explains things better

4 (edited by waedi 2024-04-13 06:46:12)

If you assign the main-out to the headphone is the fallout of the left channel still on the XLR or is it then in the headphone ?
In Totalmix do you use any panorama settings ? Try without

hi, ok so when I assign the main-out to the headphone, upon power cycle, the headphone retains the left channel, however the main-out still drops the left channel.

I do not use panorama settings at all.

6 (edited by waedi 2024-04-14 04:40:50)

You may try in standalone-mode manually lift-up the volumen of the left channel. It should remain after.
Page 90 user manual

So there's no way to setup a snapshot that is stored in the unit that survives a power cycle?

Correct.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME