Topic: Babyface Pro Fs and X-Touch connection problems.

Hi Folks:

I am in a quandary here.  For some reason, I am unable to connect my X-Touch with my Babyface Pro Fs.  I do have them working on my Intel Nook but I can't get them communicating on my Del XPS 8950 computer.

I know about the in/out port settings and, just in case that was the problem, I disabled the Windows firewall which, as I understand it, leaves all ports exposed.

I can use the Babyface Pro FS in Reaper and it works just fine.  I can also configure the X-Touch to work in Reaper and it also works just fine. I just can't control the Babyface Pro Fs with my X-Touch.

Is there some kind of a security setting that I am not aware of?

Any help would be appreciated all over the place.

2 (edited by waedi 2024-04-17 22:23:44)

Re: Babyface Pro Fs and X-Touch connection problems.

In Totalmix menu Options / Settings / Midi-tab : Mackie control options : Enable protocol support - enable this
Also in Totalmix menu Options : enable Midi control

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Hello:

Thanks all over the place: I completely forgot about that.

Is there a way to enable phantom power on the BabyFace Pro Fs using the X-Touch?

Again: thanks all over the place.

There are 8 funtion keys on the X-touch, F1 to F8, if you find a way to assign one of these to the command for phantom power, it can work.
Unfortunately the user manual of the X-touch is missing a lot. These function keys are overlooked complete.
You have to hope for luck and push every button, may be one of them does the trick.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Phantom Power is not controllable directly in Totalmix via MIDI/Mackie.
You could use a workaround by triggering Snapshots, via MIDI/Mackie.

“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard