1 (edited by evan.mangiamele 2024-04-18 21:55:31)

Topic: ARC USB Needs to be unplugged and replugged every restart

Hello, my ARC USB ceases to function (all LEDs off, no response) every time i reboot my computer. If i unplug the USB and replug, it works fine. Any thoughts?

ARC USB FW V7
TotalMix V 1.93
MacOS 12.7.4
Mac Mini 2018
UCX-II

Evan Mangiamele
Sound Designer / Audio Mixer
Fireface UCX II
ARC USB

Re: ARC USB Needs to be unplugged and replugged every restart

How is it connected to the Mac Mini? Directly? Never heard of this issue before. If there is no other port free you could connect it to the UCX II.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

How is it connected to the Mac Mini? Directly? Never heard of this issue before. If there is no other port free you could connect it to the UCX II.

It's connected via a hub to the mac mini. It didn't always do this, I think it may have started after an OS update, or when i migrated to a different user when my system was added to an MDM.

I'll try connecting directly to the UCX and see how that behaves.

Evan Mangiamele
Fireface UCX II
ARC USB

Connecting it directly to the UCX II fixed the issue. Having some issues with control pilot now but working great otherwise. Thanks!

Evan Mangiamele
Fireface UCX II
ARC USB

evan.mangiamele wrote:

Connecting it directly to the UCX II fixed the issue. Having some issues with control pilot now but working great otherwise. Thanks!

If you directly connect it to the Mac without hub, did you try that ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:
evan.mangiamele wrote:

If you directly connect it to the Mac without hub, did you try that ?

I'll try that another time, i've got a lot plugged into the mac mini at the moment and on some tight deadlines but i'll check it out when i have time to test.

Evan Mangiamele
Fireface UCX II
ARC USB