Topic: ADI-8 Pro loud/noisy signal on analog inputs 7&8

Hello there.

I know it's not really a tech. support forum but I thought maybe someone has experienced that as well :

During a (quite short) time frame after having powered up my ADI-8 Pro, a very loud noise is present on inputs 7 and 8. It's like super wide-band noise with sometimes bursts of sweeps. It lasts for something like 5 minutes and then the device is working totally flawlessly. This noise somewhat shuts for a few seconds when changing the sync mode of the ADI (i.e. going from INPUT to EXT. and/or INT.) btu ususally appears again for as long as I'm in this time frame of death.

Any clue of what it could be ? A component somewhere ? I have gear and quite some knowledge of electronics if there's something that has to be checked/changed, I might be able to do it. Or at least, not complain if I mess everythin up (-;

Other than that, really satisfied with my RME gear. Rarely using other brands tho... (-:

Re: ADI-8 Pro loud/noisy signal on analog inputs 7&8

No easy explanation or known fault. If the issue comes up reliably after power-on you could send the unit in for a check and repair trial. Not sure it is worth it for such an old unit, though.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: ADI-8 Pro loud/noisy signal on analog inputs 7&8

Thanks Matthias,

I thought maybe it'd sound like an identifiable sympto.

Comes up pretty reliably indeed. Other than that, the unit works perfect... pretty puzzling.

Maybe one days, I'll try and have a look inside event thought I doubt I'll be able to do anything (-;

Yours,

Jérôme