Topic: Aio pro, using the Adat connections.

Hello,

Just got my aio pro working and want to use the adat interface i just bought.
I get signal to the first chanel led on the interface. But no signal in Totalmix. I guess there are some settings i haven't found?

Anyone know how to solve this?

Re: Aio pro, using the Adat connections.

A little more detail would be welcome. What adat interface?
But basicly, connect 2 adat cables (in and out) set the external adat device in slave mode (external clock to adat) and make sure in the hdsp settings app, that optical in is not set to spdif and spdif out is not set to optical.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

vinark wrote:

A little more detail would be welcome. What adat interface?
But basicly, connect 2 adat cables (in and out) set the external adat device in slave mode (external clock to adat) and make sure in the hdsp settings app, that optical in is not set to spdif and spdif out is not set to optical.

Hi,

It is a behringer ada 8200. Apparently the cable i got from thomann didn't work, only the one supplied by rme.
Just went and bought a new cable. And there are sound.
But now when i use the card as master at 48 hz and the ada as slave they go out of sync after 2 mins and it starts to rain digitaly. If i restart the ada the sync works for a short while again.

4 (edited by ramses 2024-04-23 12:47:05)

Did you check clock settings for synchronization?

For the AIO open driver settings, check that clock source is set to internal, so that the AIO is clock master.

Then for the Behringer you have jumper at the device, check the documentation for the correct jumper settings to get the clock signal from ADAT.

[clock master]                                                                                           [clock slave]
clock source = internal                                                                              jumper settings to get clock from optical

AIO---ADAT OUT-------------------[audio+clock signal]------------>ADAT IN---ADA8200
    \---ADAT IN<---------------------------------------------------------ADAT OUT---/

General information about clock synch, see my blog:
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ent … ios-en-de/

Please post a screenshot of RME driver settings window and a picture of a back of the Behringer,
where one can see the DIP switch settings and the description of the switches.

The Behringer manual is $%!&/&$ ... I didn't find an easy overview about DIP switch settings...
Even if these units are cheap, the documentation could be better.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Did you check clock settings for synchronization?

For the AIO open driver settings, check that clock source is set to internal, so that the AIO is clock master.

Then for the Behringer you have jumper at the device, check the documentation for the correct jumper settings to get the clock signal from ADAT.

[clock master]                                                                                           [clock slave]
clock source = internal                                                                              jumper settings to get clock from optical

AIO---ADAT OUT-------------------[audio+clock signal]------------>ADAT IN---ADA8200
    \---ADAT IN<---------------------------------------------------------ADAT OUT---/

General information about clock synch, see my blog:
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ent … ios-en-de/

Please post a screenshot of RME driver settings window and a picture of a back of the Behringer,
where one can see the DIP switch settings and the description of the switches.

The Behringer manual is $%!&/&$ ... I didn't find an easy overview about DIP switch settings...
Even if these units are cheap, the documentation could be better.

Thx for the reply!

The adat went from Sync to Locked, in a small box in the rme software  after a while .But when i switched the optical cables, the problem dissappeared.
So i guess everything is working just fine

I made good experience with optical TOSLINK cables from Mutec.
https://www.thomann.de/de/mutec_optisches_kabel_2m.htm

Due to RMEs good TOSLINKs and good quality Mutec cable I can achieve 15+1=16 m, even if the standard tells that the maximum cable length is around 10m. In my setup even up to 192 kHz are possible at that length if needed:

UFX III---ADAT----------15m--------------TOSLINK Switcher----1m----ADAT---ADI-2 Pro R BE---HiFi

Another advantage of these cables is that they are thin so that they can be used without any problems even with many ADAT connections close together. They also fit perfectly into small self-adhesive plastic cable ducts with a diameter of 1 cm from the DIY store if they need to be laid neatly in the room.
The bending radius is also better than that of Sommercable with its extremely thick plastic sheathing, which can lead to quite a lot of lateral tension on the connector, which is certainly not good for the connectors.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13