Topic: Mac Mini M2, RME Fireface UFX II and Presonus Studio One?

I love my RME Fireface UFX II and I love Presonus Studio One. Both work great with my Win11 PC desktop, but I do a lot of remote recording with them and I'm absolutely fed up with trying to get my Dell laptop to work with them. The laptop has been a disaster of BIOS tweaks, windows tweaks, etc., just trying to get things stable.  So I'm thinking of getting a Mac Mini M2 and a portable monitor instead of going with a laptop. I could get the Mini and a monitor for well under $1k.  I *only* track with this rig, then do all mixing, processing, etc. on the desktop. So it doesn't have to be super-powerful. it just needs to be stable.

I've read the threads on the M1 RME drivers, and it seems (?) things are getting sorted.  Would I be asking for trouble going with an M2 at this point?

Re: Mac Mini M2, RME Fireface UFX II and Presonus Studio One?

Having no experience with Studio1, the M-Macs are great, it should work without trouble.
if this is portable for you then go ahead, for me I'm very happy with Babyface plus MacbookAir as a portable rig.
Perfect stable and powerful.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

UFX+ and MacBook Pro M2Pro running perfectly fine here.

Frequently in use:
Fireface UFX+, Fireface 800 (as a AD/DA-Converter) and an old RME Sweater... ;-)

Yah, my "portable" might be considered big for some.  I have the UFX in a rack with 8 channels of API preamps.  I can't exactly use it at a café, but it does fit in the trunk of my car!

Thanks for the feedback, the more I look into it the more I like the idea of the Mac Mini.  Probably the biggest single reason I've used RME stuff for years is the stability of the drivers.  I can't expect them to have everything sorted immediately for every new computer technology that comes out, but I do have a lot of faith that they get on things quickly.  There might have been a few early hiccups, but it sounds like the drivers for the M2 are pretty solid now.

M1-Mac came out in November 2020.
The M2 and M3 seems not to have a difference regarding drivers, RME did cleared up a lot about M-Mac drivers and Apple also optimized the MacOS.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Picked up a base-model Mac Mini on the weekend, got the kernel extension drivers and Studio One installed.  Have only used it for a couple of hours so far, but seems very slick.  Much quieter than my laptop too.