Topic: adi-2 pro fs r black edition rackmount

Hi there,

I can simply use these to rackmount my converter yes? And if not, please don't just say no but explain why. Seems to be attachable from the bottom side

https://imgur.com/a/4xHau2T

Appreciate it, thanks

Re: adi-2 pro fs r black edition rackmount

Or this probably better? https://imgur.com/a/LK7mVuf

3 (edited by ramses 2024-04-21 16:35:10)

You need a compatible rack mount, see manual ch 35. RME unirack ...

As a side note … if you only show the pictures and not the links from the shop, then it is not possible to see the part number and product description.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

As a side note … if you only show the pictures and not the links from the shop, then it is not possible to see the part number and product description.

Thanks, yes I didn't link because there are no specifications besides "Various holes in the base plate for attachment of a variety of devices 19" and 9.5" modules"

ramses wrote:

Hmm if I can avoid using this gray thing I would be very pleased

Should it be firmly screwed into a rack so that it can also be transported?

If you only need something for storage, then it doesn't need to be screwed in, just put it in a tray like this and the main thing is that it fits.

Or have it painted in the color that suits you, just cover the relevant screws.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

If you only need something for storage, then it doesn't need to be screwed in, just put it in a tray like this and the main thing is that it fits.

Appreciate the responses! No it doesn't need to be very secured, it will sit still in a rack for the next decade or so smile

ramses wrote:

Ok I bought the RME rack. How do I get the feet of off the adi 2? Feels wrong to just pry them off with force?

These rubber feet are just glued on, so pry them off with force.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

10 (edited by MachineAgeVoodoo 2024-04-27 20:47:44)

MC wrote:

These rubber feet are just glued on, so pry them off with force.

Thanks a lot, I found that out just before your reply smile One last completely different question about the ADI-2 Pro while I have you:

I use the TRS out 1/2 to monitor. If I want to do a hardware insert loop in my Daw (Wavelab) what's the best approach? In the manual it shows that I can set the PH Out 3/4 to "Balanced phones mode" and so use the front TRS jacks as balanced line outputs. Would you recommend this way, or to simply to send the same copied DAC signal as Line out 1/2 on the back of the device, (using then both XRL and TRS) though the outboard insert gear? Any difference in results? Appreciate it.