Topic: Problem with Room EQ and Crossfeed

After testing Du-Rec in my new UFXII for a while, Room EQ and Crosfeed options disappeared from all the outputs.
I had to reinstall the drivers for them to reappear.

2 (edited by ramses 2024-04-27 10:41:14)

Re: Problem with Room EQ and Crossfeed

Please tell which firmware and driver version you are using as a reference where the issue happened.

Do you remember what steps you performed that triggered the issue?

Can you reproduce the issue and tell which steps trigger it so that RME can reproduce and fix?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Was the unit disconnected from the computer during DuRec testing ?
Just reconnect to the computer would have brought back the Totalmix settings, no need for reinstalling driver.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

4 (edited by ramses 2024-04-27 11:06:00)

waedi wrote:

Was the unit disconnected from the computer during DuRec testing ?
Just reconnect to the computer would have brought back the Totalmix settings, no need for reinstalling driver.

This makes no sense waedi. He told, that Room EQ settings in TotalMix FX were missing, so the device was connected to the computer, otherwise no TotalMix FX.

DURec does not mean that he used stand-alone mode, one of the main uses cases of DURec is to have a backup recording just in case your computer has an issue during a recording session.

It sounds to me that he created Room EQ settings, used DURec and then somehow the Room EQ settings vanished.
It is much likely that DURec had nothing to do with it and was simply in use when it happened.

I justed tested something ... Room EQ settings are independent of Snapshots.
But just defined Room EQ settings vanish after restoring a Workspace, either by "Load Workspace" or using "Workspace Quick Select" or a key sequence like ALT-1 - ALT-9 which loads Workspace Quick Select Slot 1..9.

Therefore, I asked whether he remembers the steps of what he did and whether this issue can be reproduced.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Well I don't know exactly how it happened, but I was recording the Phones 1 output with a mic connected in Mic 9 input with some Dynamics and some Reverb, to see if the reverb was being recorded too and all went fine.
Then I checked if I could also apply Room Eq to the output and record that also in Du-rec, but this was missing altogether as a choice from all outputs together with the Crossfeed button.
Unfortunately I can not check that again for the moment, as I have send the UFXII back for replacement, due to the issue I've mentioned in another post(not sitting flat on a flat surface, probably because of a faulty metal construction).
As soon as I get the new one back I will try this again.

What you describe looks to me like normal behavior.

Did you read manual ch 38 about DURec, in particular 38.3 "Limitations and Important Notes"?

"The recording signal is taken before EQ and Dynamics, on both inputs and outputs. To record with EQ/Dyn, activate REC on an output and route a signal processed by the input EQ/Dyn to that output. The insert point of playback is at the same place."

Thanks Ramses, I know.
I didn't have any problems with the recording, dynamics AND reverb were recorded perfectly from the Phones 1 output.
No problems with the playback also.
The problem was with the Room Eq and Crossfeed options which disappeared after that.