1 (edited by julien breval 2024-05-06 17:55:34)

Topic: often no MIDI after waking up Macbook i7 computer

Hello

I have installed the RME HDSPe Raydat inside a Sonnet Echo Express SE 1 thunderbolt case so that I can use it with a Macbook (2019 model, core i7).

I almost never shut down the Macbook, only put it to sleep mode (though the Raydat and Express SE-1 are always switched off from the AC plug in this case). Unfortunately, when I want to use it again, the MIDI often does not work with any software (actually softwares don't "see" the Raydat MIDI I/O, as if they did not exist at all). The solution is to log out, then log in, then the MIDI works correctly (EDIT: in some rare cases I need to do it twice or even three times, but most of the time it works after the first login).
This has been a (rather workable) problem for quite a long time, I mean updating the firmware or driver never helped.

I am sure this never happened when using the same Raydat inside a desktop Windows 7 computer.

What is wrong exactly? Is it a known problem?

Thanks for your help

Re: often no MIDI after waking up Macbook i7 computer

I saw posts about missing MIDI with some other RME interfaces, and I can confirm that when the MIDI from my Raydat is gone then clicking on "Refresh MIDI setup" in "Audio MIDI setup" brings MIDI back. No idea if this fixes the problem forever or if this is just a faster workaround.

Perhaps a wild guess, but this situation might occur because of device powering order. I almost always power the Echo Express SE-1 containing the Raydat first, then wake up the Macbook. I will try to do the opposite if the problem persists