Topic: [Solved] You Tube through the audio interface

Simple issue; I want to play You Tube videos through my audio interface so that I can practice along with them, but they are extremely loud. I do not want to just turn the videos down on the YT volume control because I am worried about accidentally hitting the volume on the player and blasting my already damaged ears. Is there a way of lowering that volume as it comes into the interface? Is my best bet just downloading the song and then throwing the file into my DAW to control the volume from there?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Re: [Solved] You Tube through the audio interface

Hi
What interface do you have? How exactly does your setup looks like? Mac or Windows?

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

oli77sch wrote:

Hi
What interface do you have? How exactly does your setup looks like? Mac or Windows?

Hello!

BabyFace Pro and I am using Windows!

Ok. Do you want to mix your live play with the YT videos in Totalmix?
Anyway you have the playback volume slider in Totalmix as well as the main / hp hardware out, so several possibilities to set the volume.

oli77sch wrote:

Ok. Do you want to mix your live play with the YT videos in Totalmix?
Anyway you have the playback volume slider in Totalmix as well as the main / hp hardware out, so several possibilities to set the volume.

Yes, I essentially want to practice playing along with acoustic guitar to the audio of the video in YouTube, but I am finding that audio from the video to be excessively loud.

The guitar over a mic thru interface /TotalMix? If so, you can easily adjust both the software playback (YouTube) and hardware input (guitar) independent to each other. Could it be you have TotalMix set to DAW mode and there are no software playback channels due to this?

oli77sch wrote:

Could it be you have TotalMix set to DAW mode and there are no software playback channels due to this?

How would I be able to tell?

I'm googling DAW mode right now, I'll let you know if I figure this out.

Thank you for the help.

I have it in full mode.

I think I see what I was doing wrong! The RME slider was all the way up.

Always something simple. Shame on me for not figuring this out. I almost never touch that slider and mainly concentrate on my hardware inputs and Main control room input.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me! I appreciate it!