1 (edited by chezcharleso 2024-05-25 18:44:12)

Topic: Rme m-32 Pro ii DA converter specs error?

Hi all,

I’m planning to purchase a m-32 da pro ii for an immersive setup and have a question about the converter specs. The specs shown on the RME product pages don’t match the specs that are in the manual. Eg THD-N is shown as -107 db on the product page, while in the manual it states -111 db for the da converter. Does this have to do with a change in converter brand from ESS to AKM? Or is this simply an error on the spec page? Is there a certain revision of the M-32 da pro ii that I should be aware of?

2 (edited by Max 2024-05-28 00:57:54)

Re: Rme m-32 Pro ii DA converter specs error?

Hi,
thanks for pointing that out.
The spec page has been corrected. The manual was correct, and there are no differences between individual M-32 DA Pro II that you should be aware of.

Max
RME

Thanks for the answer. If I may ask, are the DA converters the same as in the older ADi-2 Pro fs (AKM)?

4 (edited by chezcharleso 2024-06-07 14:12:55)

I just got delivery of the DA Pro ii and I must say this is a clear upgrade. I immediately hear the difference to the ufx+ conversion with a tighter image in the bass region (less smeared). I don’t notice a difference with the ADI-2 pro fs on hearing. Compliments to RME for this, really happy with this purchase.
However I’m still curious out of which converter chip RME pulled this magic? Although I’m aware of the important role of the analog stages (or the design of the board, the fully symmetrical signal path?).