1 (edited by moose 2024-06-12 13:24:34)

Topic: ARC USB and turning off USB backup

Can I use the ARC USB to stop the backup recording I have to the DUREC USB stick plugged into my Fireface UCX 2?
Conversely, can I START the recording with ARC?

M1 Mac Mini (2020)
Fireface UCX 2

Re: ARC USB and turning off USB backup

If the ARC is connected to the computer you can assign rec and play buttons in Options -> ARC and Key commands in Totalmix -> ARC USB settings

Regards,
Audio AG Support

And you mean in standalone mode, or with PC?

Concerning standalone (I am not sure if UCX II is also included):

ARC USB and UFX+ / UFX II in Stand-Alone Mode
In stand-alone mode of Fireface UFX+ / UFX II a fixed set of functions is activated on the keys:

Row 1: Setup 1-4
Row 2: Setup 5-6 x x
Row 3: Mono, Volume Phones 1, Volume Phones 2, DIM
Lower keys: DURec: Rec, Play/Pause, Stop
x = no function

The included stickers also offer the stand-alone layout.

In the UFX+ / UFX II display’s menu the way of operating the ARC USB can be configured for stand-alone mode. Those options are found under SETUP/REV, Options, Hardware/Diagnosis:

This works only connected ta PC. You cannot connect the ARC USB and and USB drive at the same time on a UCX 2. On a UFX+/II/III, there is a separate USB port for the ARC USB and Durec.

In standalone on the UCX 2 you can only start/stop the recording in the menu on the device.

Regards,
Audio AG Support

I see, I forgot UCX II has only one USB slot....

To clarify, I have a USB stick in back of fireface. Will be plugging ARC into Mac USB.

M1 Mac Mini (2020)
Fireface UCX 2

Yes.

Regards,
Audio AG Support

8 (edited by moose 2024-06-15 19:40:42)

So I've got the ARC plugged in. Everything seems to be working fine, however, I assigned the 'Record/Play Stop' to a button but it's not working.
To be clear, I’d like to be able to start the recording and stop it as well, with the same button (if possible).
Tried the ‘Record Start’ but that only starts recording. Is there a way to record start and stop with one button?
https://i.imgur.com/ZjaBl7i.png

M1 Mac Mini (2020)
Fireface UCX 2

No such button...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Do I understand well that the ARC USB configuration is only possible for in not-standalone mode, and that the configuration is fixed when in standalone mode? That's with a UFX III (waiting for it to arrive here).

I was so far assuming the UFX III could save the ARC configuration as it does for the state of Totalmix.

If that's accurate, any hope it may be changed some day?

My use case is replacing my monitor controller (or getting rid of it) and a feature that I'd miss is muting the output... I was thinking on the Arc to map a button to a Mute group for the Main, Speaker B, Phones 1 and 2...

I've just made one button 'Record Start' and another button 'Record/Play Stop'

M1 Mac Mini (2020)
Fireface UCX 2