1 (edited by Ryanorigin 2024-06-18 05:07:53)

Topic: Hello! FF UFX III Total Mix Routing Question

Hello!

I've got a FF UFXIII

Monitoring via AES.

Have a 500 series rack where all 8 channels are connected to the analog Ins/Outs of the FF UFXIII

Channels 3-8 work as expected.

DAW is Ableton.

How can I utilize Total Mix and my DAW to access the analog I/O on Channels 1-2 to run to my 500 series rack while being able to monitor my DAW's master out via AES? Right now, I get double monitoring when I try to use the External Audio Device plugin in Ableton because my DAW is sending master out over output 1-2, and the 500 series module must be connected via I/O 1&2.

Can I monitor my DAW directly to AES or via another pair of channels using Total Mix? I've tried 13-14 and wasn't able to hear signal.

Please advise, thanks!

2 (edited by waedi 2024-06-18 03:49:44)

Re: Hello! FF UFX III Total Mix Routing Question

In Totalmix click onto the hardware output channel AES, it gets highlighted, right ? It should.
In the middle row software playback channels 1/2 (the signal from Ableton) pull up the fader.
Ableton music is now sent to the AES output in the amount of the fader you pulled up.
Familiarize this concept of routing to route your external gear and monitor only the desired signals.
Every hardware output channel in Totalmix has it's own mix. Click onto them to see the mix.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by Ryanorigin 2024-06-18 05:22:48)

Hello!

Thanks for the advice.

I've set Ableton's out to 9-10

Sent 9-10 to AES out via Total Mix

Set OSX System audio to AES L-R

Now can route to all analog outputs 1-8 in and out to the 500 series rack.

Thanks!

Glad to see your progress.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue