Topic: Using the AIO pro / Raydat at the same time

Hey guys. I’ve got the AIO Pro and I’m looking to use a raydat to get all the channels of the new m1620 in and out of my system. I spoke to synthax and they told me that I can have both cards installed into my computer and that they would each have their own total mix window but does anyone know if I would be able to use them both at the same time in Studio One?  I’m aiming to monitor through the ADI 2 I’ve got hooked up to AIO Pro but want to use the raydat for analog summing. Thanks so much!

2 (edited by ramses 2024-06-20 11:46:50)

Re: Using the AIO pro / Raydat at the same time

Same driver, detects all interfaces installed which are using this driver.

An application, in this case DAW, can only load one driver, but as both cards are supported by the driver,
the DAW can thus access both cards at once.

For operational reasons, you can open a 2nd TM FX window so that you have a dedicated TM FX window for each of the cards.
But of course, you can also operate multiple cards in one TM FX window and select the card in the pull-down menu in the upper-right area.

2 things to take care off:
1. clock synchronization using, e.g., an ADAT, SPDIF or AES port
    see also my blog for clock synch: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ent … ios-en-de/
2. to use the same ASIO buffer size for both cards to avoid offsets in tracks.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13