Topic: [Solved] ARC USB Not Working / FF802

Hi,
Just got this Arc unit, plugged it in and the Dim Light is not coming on, indicating no communications with TMFX.

The system this is on is still running Win7pro / FF802 latest drivers/firmware.

There are no other MIDI or USB/Audio/MIDI devices hooked up to the system, yet I can't for the life of me figure out why it's not working.

Any suggestions as to what to try?

Cheers
Jef K

Re: [Solved] ARC USB Not Working / FF802

The device is the ARC USB, right ?

You connect it to the Windows computer directly ?

What says the Windows device manager ? Is it showing up ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by Subgenius7 2024-06-22 11:33:55)

Yes, ARC USB, just received. Tried it both connected to the USB hub and to the USB 2.0 port on this windows machine directly. Interestingly, when I plug it into the PCIe USB3 card it's not recognized at all. No lights. I've also tried different cables, with no effect.

I've been building and tweaking computers here in my studio for over 30 years, and usually this type of thing is easy to get to the bottom of, but this one is odd.

Device Manager has it listed a working properly, but has it at an unusual Location in the Properties dialogue. It's not listed as a USB device, just a generic address: "0000.001a.0001.001.000.000.000.000.000" when plugged into the computer directly, and "0000.0000.0000.000.000.000.000.000.000" when plugged into the Hub. It should be listed as "USB Input Device".

I should mention that I not only have the FF802 installed, but also an HDSP9652, even though that shouldn't matter, as the ARC USB will not control it.

I have ARC USB, 802, UCX and Digiface USB and all works together. So, your problem cannot be 802-ARC combination problem.

But what happens to me time from time is, that ARC looses contact. I atribute it to not correctly working USB hub, that I use.... Mostly disconnecting and connecting ARC makes things work again.

Okay, so because the Windows 7 machine is for a Dante samples network machine, I decided to put the ARC USB on the main system/Windows 11 pro. Didn't work...hmmm...swapped out the RME included USB cable for a "good" one we had here, and Voila! It Works!

Thanks for all your input, folks!

Cheers
Jef K