Topic: Best Totalmix EQ Preset Effect For Podcast/streaming

I know people in the comments are gonna say it depends on voice and room but say your someone who's a total newbie at sound eq. Which preset would you use atleast as a starting point? Or show some of your eq settings

Re: Best Totalmix EQ Preset Effect For Podcast/streaming

A good starting point is to be a hand's width away from a dynamic mic, such as a Shure SM57 (with a windshield). Speaking on-axis to the capsule will ensure minimal weird colouration of your voice.

In TotalMix FX, use an 18 dB/octave low cut at about 90 Hz in the EQ section. In the dynamics section, use expansion with a ratio of 2 and a threshold of –50 dB. A slow release of 500 seems to work well. Those expansion values can be tweaked to eliminate background noise when you are not speaking.

Your voice should sound pretty good once you have made those settings. Further processing could involve a bit of a scoop at about 400–750 Hz to clear some mud. You may also wish to engage the compressor at a ratio of about 2 to 3.

pedrogent wrote:

A good starting point is to be a hand's width away from a dynamic mic, such as a Shure SM57 (with a windshield). Speaking on-axis to the capsule will ensure minimal weird colouration of your voice.

In TotalMix FX, use an 18 dB/octave low cut at about 90 Hz in the EQ section. In the dynamics section, use expansion with a ratio of 2 and a threshold of –50 dB. A slow release of 500 seems to work well. Those expansion values can be tweaked to eliminate background noise when you are not speaking.

Your voice should sound pretty good once you have made those settings. Further processing could involve a bit of a scoop at about 400–750 Hz to clear some mud. You may also wish to engage the compressor at a ratio of about 2 to 3.

Thanks the thing is I won't be using a dynamic mic because I doing product reviews and don't want the Mic in the shot. I'll be using a mke 600 in a half way treated room

If your voice is loud and clear on the recording, do nothing, keep your hands off of EQ in the recording path.

There are lots of tools to optimize the recording in the DAW, voice isolator, noise canceling, etc etc. not part of Totalmix,
check out Youtube.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

If your voice is loud and clear on the recording, do nothing, keep your hands off of EQ in the recording path.

There are lots of tools to optimize the recording in the DAW, voice isolator, noise canceling, etc etc. not part of Totalmix,
check out Youtube.

It's mainly for livestreaming, stream yard doesn't have any eq settings